captainrevenge
Tenderfoot
- #1
Thread Owner
I'm a treasure hunter in the way that I collect antique items, especially furniture and everything I can decorate my home with. But sometimes I have trouble telling when I'm being charged too much for an item.
I've found some amazing antiques & valuables on a site called Malleries.com.
But everything seems to be insanely expensive on the site.. I have a history of buying valuable items, but I just want to make sure if the prices go according to the items' real value.
Have a look at this:
http://www.malleries.com/gorgeous-18th-century-venetian-secretary-i-32801-s-40.html
A book shelf, priced at 70,000 dollars. Is there any true value behind the price tag?
I'm not blaming the site, I just want to know if I should buy from there or not... if this same stuff is for sale on another site for much less, please do tell
.
I'm only after the best antique furniture out there, but 70k for a shelf seems outrageous unless it was used by Napoleon himself.
I've found some amazing antiques & valuables on a site called Malleries.com.
But everything seems to be insanely expensive on the site.. I have a history of buying valuable items, but I just want to make sure if the prices go according to the items' real value.
Have a look at this:
http://www.malleries.com/gorgeous-18th-century-venetian-secretary-i-32801-s-40.html
A book shelf, priced at 70,000 dollars. Is there any true value behind the price tag?
I'm not blaming the site, I just want to know if I should buy from there or not... if this same stuff is for sale on another site for much less, please do tell
.I'm only after the best antique furniture out there, but 70k for a shelf seems outrageous unless it was used by Napoleon himself.







