What's new

Printing Plate Subject Matter

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe that this is a printing plate. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Does anyone recognize the subject matter? It appear to me to be a guy with a sack of flour on his head, speaking with another man.

9D3970EA-5374-42D1-9C63-4397E03730BC.webpAD5D2A0E-4601-4FA2-9275-48A076F098F2.webp
EC2CDFD6-AEE5-4DC1-AF2D-D1FCED0EA928.webp

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts.
 
Super find, photos, and reasoning. What this forum is all about!
 
Upvote 0
Yep ! It very well Could be a Political Comment

Taft&Spoon.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Super cool at any rate. Clean it up and make us a print?!!! Very very cool
 
Upvote 0
Yep ! It very well Could be a Political Comment

View attachment 1647829

I did a little more reading and, if it is Taft, it is likely a political cartoon referencing Taft's tenuous relationship with Black voters in the 1912 election.

If someone could prove it is Taft or find it in print (I couldn't do either), it might be worth a few bucks to a collector of political memorabilia or Black Americana.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hooray for Matt and Jeff, I think you guys have solved it! Yes clean it up and print, please.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom