Pro Pointer Range?

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
I bought a Garrett Pro-Pointer back in August. When I first got it, it would hit a penny ~ 2 - 3". But over time the range seemed to become less and less. It was now down to ~ 1" and I also started having problem with the switch not coming on and staying on.

I sent it to Garrett for repairs two weeks ago and just got it back. They replaced the switch but the range is not much better, maybe 1 - 1 1/2".

Before I call them to complain, I've curious what kind of range others are getting with theirs? Maybe it's the way it should be?

Thanks!
Jeff

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i used to get 4-5 inches now mine is about 2-4. i had to send mine in this year to get it fixxed it was the button the vibrating device and the battery housing .they said they noticed this problem more lately and have updated the design of the button and vibrating unit . i asked for a extended warranty because i payed so much for it. mr garrett said he would look into it because it is a good unit and not a cheap one

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
It also depends a lot on the soil moisture. This past summer was great. I was hitting coins with the propointer at 2 to 3 inches. The summer of 2009 was extremely dry here and depth with propointer was not as good, about 1 1/2 inches unless you super tuned it.

Jerry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread