Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Accidentally (DOH!) stumbled and stepped on my equinox. and now, every single time i even THINK about touching the coil cable close to control pod it either shuts off or ifd it does stay on goes MENTAL with chatter...wiggle cable by coil...no problem, do iot by pod, game over. Any ideas?

Any help will be sooloo much appreciated.

Matt

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, thought you had a problem at the coil...my mistake.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Accidentally (DOH!) stumbled and stepped on my equinox. and now, every single time i even THINK about touching the coil cable close to control pod it either shuts off or ifd it does stay on goes MENTAL with chatter...wiggle cable by coil...no problem, do iot by pod, game over. Any ideas?

Matt
I would suggest you contact Minelab. It sounds like you pulled something lose up in the control panel. Is it still under warranty? If so, simple answer is let Minelab take care of it. If out of warranty, I would still call them. Last step would be to open up control panel yourself and dig into it. If you are a not mechanically inclined, a good instrument person might be ablet to help you.

Somebody on here may give you more advise but Minelab would be my first choice. But I do not know everything.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF you stepped on it hard enough or pinched it, I suppose you could have damaged the cable. Would be nice if you had another to try.

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
I would suggest you contact Minelab. It sounds like you pulled something lose up in the control panel. Is it still under warranty? If so, simple answer is let Minelab take care of it. If out of warranty, I would still call them. Last step would be to open up control panel yourself and dig into it. If you are a not mechanically inclined, a good instrument person might be ablet to help you.

Somebody on here may give you more advise but Minelab would be my first choice. But I do not know everything.
Why not tell Minelab the truth, this is not a warranty issue.

Dirt Duke

Aug 26, 2018
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to borrow a coil from a friend and see if that coil cable does the same thing as your coil cable does when you wiggle it. If it does, the cable jack on the control pod or control pod internal connection has been damaged.
If the borrowed coil works as it should when you wiggle the cable then your coil cable is damaged, probably in the cable's connecting plug. You will be buying a new replacement coil in that case unless you can find someone who can rewire your cable plug.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to borrow a coil from a friend and see if that coil cable does the same thing as your coil cable does. If it does, the cable jack on the control pod or control pod internal connection has been damaged. If the borrowed coil works as it should then your coil cable is damaged, probably in the cable's connecting plug. You will be buying a new replacement coil in that case unless you can find someone who can rewire your cable plug.
great advise

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021

Matt
Screenshot from 2022-03-04 19-19-13.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread