Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all! Found a pin today and after a little research I discovered that it's from the Public Schools Athletic League of NYC. This pin is called the "Winged Victory of Samothrace" and probably dates to pre-WW2. The pin shaft is broken on the back.
I found it a new field related to a park I've been searching recently; the problem is that the field is very overgrown with weeds. I went into it wearing my full anti-tick garb (long pants treated with Permethrin tucked into socks, long sleeves, Deep Woods Off sprayed on everything). The real problem was that swinging the detector was tough. I think I'll go back there in the late winter after the snow has matted down all the weeds - I suspect there's more good stuff to find!

Thanks for looking!
4807YYJ.jpg
rM6YEtN.jpg

The letters say "PSAL" overlapping:
f9xs9T1.jpg

This is what one of those pins from an auction site looks like:
zVLMJ3p.jpg

I also found this pop tab, which is unremarkable except for the rather sizable root growing right through it. That tab has been there a while! (That's a root, not a stick. I cut the root and removed the trash)
sTuhFv2.jpg

Upvote 5
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice relic find! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread