Public Service Announcement

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
why is that people say the civil war was about "freeing the slaves" --- if so since the war started in 1861 why was it almost 2 years before the "slaves" were declared free?-- why does no one speak of when president lincoln on may 22nd of 1862 recinded union gen david hunters --general order #11 which was issued on by hunter on may 8th of 1862 which "freed" all the slaves in --south carolina, georgia and florida * forever more --the 3 states were under gen hunters military command at the time --

why is this historic "fact" never spoken of by main stream news ? or in history classes? -- only later on in 1863 after several very large and manpower costly battles did lincoln relent and "free the slaves" - to disrupt the south's farming systems - and make the slaves finally care --who won the war-- so the slaves ran to join the union army so as to be "free" crippling the souths food production and gaining "troops" for the north at the same time.

of course slavery was wrong and evil --and the civil war thru what occured "freed" the slaves in the end -- but it was not why the war started in the beginning --cotton crops worked by the slaves provided most of the US govt tax base -- however the northern states held the "political" power to say how the taxes were to be spent --since the north had more states --they had control of the senate --as well as more of the "population" as well --so they controlled the house as well -- with lincoln in place --there was nothing the south could do to but split away --since the north wanted to block more " slave" states from coming into existance (so they would always retain the "upper hand" politically)--to stop the raise of southern polotical power with their new found wealth.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
why is that people say the civil war was about "freeing the slaves" --- if so since the war started in 1861 why was it almost 2 years before the "slaves" were declared free?-- whuy does no one speak of when president lincoln on may 22nd of 1862 recinded union gen david hunters --general order #11 which was issued on by hunter may 8th of 1862 which "freed" all the slaves in --south carolina, georgia and florida * forever more --whthe 3 states were under gen hunters military command at the time --

why is this historic "fact" never spoken of by main stream news ? or in history classes? -- only later on in 1862 after several very large and manpower costly battles did lincoln relent and "free the slaves" - to disrupt the south farm systems - and make the slaves finally care --who won the war-- so the slave ran to join the union army so as to be "free" crippling the souths food production and gaining "troops" for the north at the same time.

You made many valid points here for sure. I agree the "War" was not over slavery, but states rights. Even Maryland continued to have slave during a good portion of the war. As far as emancipation, this really had no bearing in the south, as it was considered a separate nation and not under the rule of the north. Don't forget that the south was also going to use Black troops as several slaves were ready to fight for the south. When Sherman went though GA, he destroyed bridges so that ex slaves weren't able to follow the army, they were left to fend for themselves. We could go on and on about this, I just wanted to keep this light and humorous and I see no humor in that part of our history.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
why is that people say the civil war was about "freeing the slaves"

Now for the real answer they didn't want anyone to know

The North didn't want to have to pay the slaves either for any work :icon_thumleft:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ok back to easy stuff -- why does the water in the toliet go counter clock in one part of the globe --and clockwise in another?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
ok back to easy stuff -- why does the water in the toliet go counter clock in one part of the globe --and clockwise in another?

Ah, another easy one for the great Spartacus53

I have pointed out in another post something along these lines, but will spell it out now. Many people are under the impression that the earth has gravity, this is a fallacy. There is no gravity, the earth sucks.
Hence, the water is just sucked into the earth from a different position.

B

BigDan

ivan, I don't want to mess with a great thread

But if you want to talk about Civil War history, I started a new thread wiht some observations. Just for friendly dicsussion...if you are interested.

Big Dan

PS, Abbiecus, I started counting the voices in my head, but when I get up to 7,8,9...they start shouting out random numbers and messing up my count.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: ivan, I don't want to mess with a great thread

BigDan said:
PS, Abbiecus, I started counting the voices in my head, but when I get up to 7,8,9...they start shouting out random numbers and messing up my count.

I started to read that post and it will be interesting for sure. I'll swing by a little later, seems like some already have their feathers ruffled.

Now in answer to your problem, you may have at least 2 people out of line and this is easy to deal with. Give them one more fair warning, if no success, punch yourself in the jaw. That should put one in place right away, and I am sure the other will follow suit so not to get hit. For some reason if the other starts speaking out, just give yourself 2 more shots and that should do it.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to summon the 'Ol Great Spartacus. Hummony, Hummony, Who. Oh Great Spartacus is that you. If you will, If you may, Could you answer 2 Questions for poorhunter today.? :help:

Before one eats spicy food he takes Ant-acid. Why not Tums? :tongue3:

How is it that a woodpecker can mate and produce offspring? :laughing9:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
I got to summon the 'Ol Great Spartacus. Hummony, Hummony, Who. Oh Great Spartacus is that you. If you will, If you may, Could you answer 2 Questions for poorhunter today.? :help:

Before one eats spicy food he takes Ant-acid. Why not Tums? :tongue3:

Because they taste horrible, unless you liking eating chalk, and chalk is way cheaper

How is it that a woodpecker can mate and produce offspring? :laughing9:

He still has wood and that is good, so that is all that matters

B

BigDan

A few quick anthropology questions, Abbiecus

I've always wondered why Homo Erectus failed and Homo Sapien survived?

Did Neanderthal really go extinct, or did Homo Sapien mate with Neanderthals?

Why did ancient men cross the land bridge from Asia to America?

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: :laughing7:
This is a Question you can't use internet to search.my last Question this is a question in relation to my avatar. I will give you until 5:00pm today to answer. If you get it right you will win the prize of?
I will announce it to you if you get it right. :notworthy:here goes.
When the tip of the pool cue, makes contact with the ball, what is this called? serious question.
Hint: it is a 5 letter word.
Maybe this will rack your brain a little. :tongue3: :laughing9:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A few quick anthropology questions, Abbiecus

BigDan said:
I've always wondered why Homo Erectus failed and Homo Sapien survived?

Did Neanderthal really go extinct, or did Homo Sapien mate with Neanderthals?

Well if you know history like I do it was the Homo Sapiens that mated with the Neanderthal. This is a very easy topic to prove too. You see the Homo Sapiens were really into hairy woman and the Neanderthal woman fit the bill, all the Homo Sapiens had to do was to kill of the males and so they did. Want proof :dontknow: Just look at most European women, they still sport that hairy look today :thumbsup:

Why did ancient men cross the land bridge from Asia to America?

There are several reasons for this migration that haven't been covered in the history books.
1- They wanted to see what was on the other side, much like the chicken crossing the road
2- FOOD -All they had to eat was Chinese food, and an hour later they were hungry again. They wanted something more substantial and found the Rocky Mountain Oysters :headbang:
3- Living conditions - Many came from the Tundra and that is some harsh weather, especially for the older folks. Once across the tribes original split into 2 groups, one stayed in CA and hung at the beaches, the other, older group set up shop in FL, where they still go today. What I find amazing is that the elephants knew where to go when they were dying and so did early man.. Off to FL
4- Work - All the good jobs were taken, so to venture into the unknown brought many good opportunities for those that were hungry to establish themselves.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
:notworthy: :laughing7:
This is a Question you can't use internet to search.my last Question this is a question in relation to my avatar. I will give you until 5:00pm today to answer. If you get it right you will win the prize of?
I will announce it to you if you get it right. :notworthy:here goes.
When the tip of the pool cue, makes contact with the ball, what is this called? serious question.
Hint: it is a 5 letter word.
Maybe this will rack your brain a little. :tongue3: :laughing9:

The point

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when you are at the table and you are breaking the balls, You draw the stick back and you hit the ball, It is the very instance when the tip or "the point" makes contact with the ball.
Is" the point " your final answer? Or do you need a hint?

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff456 said:
Hi Spartacus. I hope that although my post count is low and that I am mostly a lurker you will still find time to answer my question. Well, two questions now.

If you had posed the questions in two (2) (see? two, (2) can play that game), ahem, threads, your post count would be higher.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:
jeff456 said:
Hi Spartacus. I hope that although my post count is low and that I am mostly a lurker you will still find time to answer my question. Well, two questions now.

If you had posed the questions in two (2) (see? two, (2) can play that game), ahem, threads, your post count would be higher.

GoherDaGold you shouldn't tell Jeff456 that, you might encourage him to post more :laughing9:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Great and Powerful Spart, why does my ex-wife prefer vodka over her 13 year old daughter?
I don't subscribe to the belief that alcoholism is a disease but rather a choice so why would someone obviously make the BAD choice?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:
Oh Great and Powerful Spart, why does my ex-wife prefer vodka over her 13 year old daughter?
I don't subscribe to the belief that alcoholism is a disease but rather a choice so why would someone obviously make the BAD choice?

Good god I hate serious topics, but I sort of agree with you there. To me alcoholism is an addition like any other, and for some reason, some people need a crutch to help them through bad, or tough times.

The only light side I can see the following. Your wife misses your daughter as a baby, and in order to for-fill herself she is nursing the bottle instead of a baby.

I do wish you the best :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread