What's new

Pulled The Trigger Today. Manticore On The Way!

The Rebel

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2011
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
6,840
Golden Thread
1
Location
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the day off from work today to hit a new site I found and was hoping that I'd avoid the rain as it's rained 15 of the last 20 weekends. Well, no luck avoiding the rain, aarghh!

My pinpointer died, and my 10" DD Coil was acting funny, so switched over to my 6" DD Elliptical Coil. After many hrs of swinging decided to call it quits and all I had to show for my efforts was a button.

I love my V but after many hrs of swinging my shoulders are killing me.

Seeing I had to get a new pinpointer anyhow decided I've waited long enough & called Bart to place my order. When the M8 Coil is available I'll get one.

Looking forward to a lighter machine as well as newer technology!

Thanks Bart!
 
Expected delivery is this Wednesday, looking forward to a new toy!
 
Have fun with the new detector. Hope it can find you the goods.
 
Took the day off from work today to hit a new site I found and was hoping that I'd avoid the rain as it's rained 15 of the last 20 weekends. Well, no luck avoiding the rain, aarghh!

My pinpointer died, and my 10" DD Coil was acting funny, so switched over to my 6" DD Elliptical Coil. After many hrs of swinging decided to call it quits and all I had to show for my efforts was a button.

I love my V but after many hrs of swinging my shoulders are killing me.

Seeing I had to get a new pinpointer anyhow decided I've waited long enough & called Bart to place my order. When the M8 Coil is available I'll get one.

Looking forward to a lighter machine as well as newer technology!

Thanks Bart!
Took the day off from work today to hit a new site I found and was hoping that I'd avoid the rain as it's rained 15 of the last 20 weekends. Well, no luck avoiding the rain, aarghh!

My pinpointer died, and my 10" DD Coil was acting funny, so switched over to my 6" DD Elliptical Coil. After many hrs of swinging decided to call it quits and all I had to show for my efforts was a button.

I love my V but after many hrs of swinging my shoulders are killing me.

Seeing I had to get a new pinpointer anyhow decided I've waited long enough & called Bart to place my order. When the M8 Coil is available I'll get one.

Looking forward to a lighter machine as well as newer technology!

Thanks Bart!
Have you tried the Detech coils on your V3i? Before you closet the V3i, try a Detech 8x6 on it. I run my V with that coil at sensitivity 15, with turbo, filter of 5khz and it is rock solid. I set the ground filter speed down at 27 and it hits my old buried coins all the way to 9 inch plus.

The V3i is one machine I'll never closet. The polar display beats the Manticore 2D display. I plan to take my V3i out next run I make. It is SWEET!
 
Last edited:
Have you tried the Detech coils on your V3i? Before you closet the V3i, try a Detech 8x6 on it. I run my V with that coil at sensitivity 15, with turbo, filter of 5khz and it is rock solid. I set the ground filter speed down at 27 and it hits my old buried coins all the way to 9 inch plus.

The V3i is one machine I'll never closet. The polar display beats the Manticore 2D display. I plan to take my V3i out next run I make. It is SWEET!
I'm not retiring the v and I do love it. I want to use a lighter machine and see what the newer technology will find a my old virgin sites.

As time goes on parts will be getting harder to find for the v and the v is getting heavier to swing even with my 6x9 elliptical coil.
 
I'm not retiring the v and I do love it. I want to use a lighter machine and see what the newer technology will find a my old virgin sites.

As time goes on parts will be getting harder to find for the v and the v is getting heavier to swing even with my 6x9 elliptical coil.
Have you tried the Detech coils? That 8x6 swings some better and it is so robust. Thanks.
 
I hope you get good results with the Manticore. My Deus two is much lighter then the manticore i had
 
Took the day off from work today to hit a new site I found and was hoping that I'd avoid the rain as it's rained 15 of the last 20 weekends. Well, no luck avoiding the rain, aarghh!

My pinpointer died, and my 10" DD Coil was acting funny, so switched over to my 6" DD Elliptical Coil. After many hrs of swinging decided to call it quits and all I had to show for my efforts was a button.

I love my V but after many hrs of swinging my shoulders are killing me.

Seeing I had to get a new pinpointer anyhow decided I've waited long enough & called Bart to place my order. When the M8 Coil is available I'll get one.

Looking forward to a lighter machine as well as newer technology!

Thanks Bart!
It’s lighter and very sophisticated. I’m still learning.
 
Enjoy your new detector. I love my manticore. Easy to use and it works well in trashy sites.
 
It arrived last week. Been reading the manual and have it fully charged.

Turned it on and played around with it for a bit inside on Sunday, seeing it was raining.

Still need to download the latest update.
 
Let us know how you like it.I have an eq 600 and am going to up grade Im thinking about the manticore
 
Let us know how you like it.I have an eq 600 and am going to up grade Im thinking about the manticore
I stepped up from a nox 800 to the manticore and I love it. Just don’t expect it to be a better version of the equinox….it’s a different machine. So there’s more of a learning curve than stepping up to a nox 900, for instance.
 
I stepped up from a nox 800 to the manticore and I love it. Just don’t expect it to be a better version of the equinox….it’s a different machine. So there’s more of a learning curve than stepping up to a nox 900, for instance.
Well that won't be an issue as this is the 1st ML I've ever owned. I currently swing the V3I.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom