TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never been but its a bucket lister for me...
Please let us know if you find anything, and if the Police stop you or anything happens...

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Punta Cana is all easy digging, no rocks. All the hotel beaches are hit hard by locals. Enjoy your trip.
Please leave me at least one goodie for my trip this fall. Until then, May the ring of gold be in your ears
and its glitter in your scoop. WW One more thing, watch for the rouge waves they can be rough.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great trip i had in Dom.Rep. ...some yrs back
full

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Punta Cana is all easy digging, no rocks. All the hotel beaches are hit hard by locals. Enjoy your trip.
Please leave me at least one goodie for my trip this fall. Until then, May the ring of gold be in your ears
and its glitter in your scoop. WW One more thing, watch for the rouge waves they can be rough.
dont want to out him but someone you know from Ma. been there twice this yr

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys seem to walk around a lot in the water, have you found any shipwreck stuff out there in the waves ? East coast I would think is hard because of the waves, how do you find a target and dig it before a wave pushes you in a different location than the target ? Gulf Coast water I can see because there really are no waves..
Is it illegal to hunt out in the water on the Atlantic side of Florida ? I have heard that, because anything past the low tide line has a lease on it ?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys seem to walk around a lot in the water, have you found any shipwreck stuff out there in the waves ? East coast I would think is hard because of the waves, how do you find a target and dig it before a wave pushes you in a different location than the target ? Gulf Coast water I can see because there really are no waves..
Is it illegal to hunt out in the water on the Atlantic side of Florida ? I have heard that, because anything past the low tide line has a lease on it ?
the area your talking about is only maybe 30% of the east coast

Im from Ma. and i wear a mask and snorkel - i will hunt rough waters others wont usually
my friends in Fla. many times have stood on shore and watch me stating..."We live down here...we will just wait for calmer water to go in."
If im on vacation i have to make the most of it - im not a dry sand hunter so its rare to ever see me on shore though if there are cuts i have hit the wet sand if i have too cause its just too rough
just some of my finds from Florida trips

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the area your talking about is only maybe 30% of the east coast

Im from Ma. and i wear a mask and snorkel - i will hunt rough waters others wont usually
my friends in Fla. many times have stood on shore and watch me stating..."We live down here...we will just wait for calmer water to go in."
If im on vacation i have to make the most of it - im not a dry sand hunter so its rare to ever see me on shore though if there are cuts i have hit the wet sand if i have too cause its just too rough
just some of my finds from Florida trips

Sooo, the question was...... Have you ever gotten any shipwreck stuff from out in the waves ?
( I did not see any in the pictures)

Also something I always wondered about, lets say its LOW TIDE and I'm walking as far out as I can on the wet sand...
and I'm finding NOTHING .... and you go out waist deep past the LOW TIDE LINE, are you then picking up targets ?
Because as soon as the tide comes in, you will be walking on the sand where I am finding NOTHING....
I've always wondered whether just getting out past the LOW TIDE LINE would start producing signals on a beach that is producing NOTHING... just wondering :dontknow:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know the area well- -yrs ago i hit there after a hurricane
i saw others get silver and gold coins (2 guys were getting gold over 2 ft deep using $3000 minelabs
- i got a piece of copper sheeting
that was told by an "expert" was off a ship wreck hull - i got a few bronze nails and small
ship spikes

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know the area well- -yrs ago i hit there after a hurricane
i saw others get silver and gold coins (2 guys were getting gold over 2 ft deep using $3000 minelabs
- i got a piece of copper sheeting
that was told by an "expert" was off a ship wreck hull - i got a few bronze nails and small
ship spikes
this was at low in the wet sand

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats the best beaches to detect? are there any in DR with hard or rock or solid bed rock bottom?? any advice greatly appreciated..

THanks
Advice - watch where people hang - I try and hang out all day whether in or out of the water
I try and get in (will book the beginning of my trips) when my first low tides are at sunrise
resort i stayed at people were partying to 2-3am so many times i was all alone at sunrise
from 6am till 9am - I wear a mask and snorkel and get out as far as i can - it made the difference on may trips where chest shallows were cleaned out
If i was to go there tommorow - Id bring my NEMO - I believe there is still gold out in 7 foot plus water
Good luck!

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i was to go there tomorrow - Id bring my NEMO - I believe there is still gold out in 7 foot plus water
Good luck!
What is a NEMO ? this ?
th

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a NEMO ? this ?
th
Its a type of hookah - i bought one when it first came out
because of my health issues - its still in the box - you can take them on a plane
I own a large gas powered one and lg heavy electric one plus i have a SNUBA system
full
full

full

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Never been but its a bucket lister for me...
Please let us know if you find anything, and if the Police stop you or anything happens...
I wouldn't bucket list it. Good finds are few and far between, there must be many locals and/or tourists hitting the beaches there. I've been many times with minimal results. Yes I've found good stuff, but better elsewhere. Just my thoughts.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper-2
You are one of the best
Congratulations on your major achievements in the water over the years