What's new

"Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

Is anyone still waiting for delivery? I ordered three back in mid june, still nothing.
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

I ordered one from HF a couple of weeks ago, and I got a back order notice. I saw in another post that someone had 4 for sale on ebay, and bought one - 13.95 plus shipping. I got it in 4 days. It works extremely well! I don't know how I got by without a pinpointer. For that price, it's amazing. Check ebay, I've seen more than one person selling them.

Richard
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

Still waiting.....
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

Greydigger,
just take your order reciept and go in to a store and flip out until they give you one. My store here in columbus carries one or two in stock all the time. well at least until I just let everyone know.

Ian
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

I love my Whites bullseye II, but can always use a backup. The whites has a 2" depth on it, how much does this one have? and the virba probe cannot detect in red clay, can this one detect in everything? I would love to hear some feedback on it, at that price I am not expecting much, but we'll see.

For anything that has a wonderful white's bullseye II, here is a tip for you. If you dig and get little false beeps like if it hits a rock or something, it's the battery that jiggles and causes it. If you slide a skinny piece of wood chip between the side of the battery and the casing it will never false beep again.
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

These Harbor Freight pinpointers must be pretty popular. I ordered one in May and it's still on back order. The latest communication from them has indicated shipping by approximately 7-25-08. We'll see!!!

FL Junkman
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

FL Junkman said:
These Harbor Freight pinpointers must be pretty popular. I ordered one in May and it's still on back order. The latest communication from them has indicated shipping by approximately 7-25-08. We'll see!!!

FL Junkman

Same here, I ordered on the 6th of June and got a thing in the mail saying they were on back order and the anticipated ship date was the 25th of july.

If anyone can pick up 2 of them locally and is willing to send them to Connecticut, I will pay you for them. The nearest store is in Massachusets about an hour and a half away.
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

My three pinpointers finally came in on Wed. (ordered june 10)
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

Mine came in on Wednesday as well. Of course I already went to MA and bought 3 of them there. Now I have 2 extras.

I have one possibly sold, if anyone else is interested, let me know.
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

I bought one today (Sat August 30, 2008) for $15.99 at the local Harbor Freight about 3 miles from my house. I thought at first that they were out because they were stacked under the wand type. I put some stuff on and in the ground and it pinpointed it perfectly. It takes one flat 9V battery and has a button you push to pinpoint and a knob for sensitivity level. They also come with a nerd pouch for your belt. I don't think I can much go wrong for the price. Thanks for turning me on to this!

HH,
Ramapirate
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

Hi like a lot of folks say OLDER IS BETTER thats
why when i bought my 1st pin pointer i picked
up a Whites Bullseye II 120mm Original it did not
have that cheap switch that everyone was having
troubles with
2127_100.webp

Newer Version
Whites Bullseye II.webp

140MM is Blue in color

Dave
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

I picked mine up at H.F. a couple of weeks ago, it works great. I don't know what it could do that it doesn't, I don't care about vibrate anyway.

Mine was $14.99 and it included the battery.

You can adjust the sens so that you almost have to be touching the object, or open it up for further away.

It will do 2" open air on a coin with no trouble.

It looks just like the "older version" of the white X-terra posted a picture of!
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

I love mine. I had never had a pinpointer before but I think it works great. For 15 dollars battery included you cant go wrong. Even if it was used just for a backup its so worth it.
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

Well I guess this post just won't die. Last night I got my own H.F. pinpointer. I also own a Vibraprobe 570 and this little $16 job works just as well :o >:(. The little H.F. pinpointer also sports a very bright pinpointing light . I measured an honest 1 3/4 " to 2" of pinpointing ability. At it's lowest sensitivity setting it picked up a penny at 3/4". It evens brings it's own belt holder.
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

Got 1 for my son and 1 for me. I like it. Never had an expensive one to compare it to.
The screw on the back adjusts the sensitivity roughly and the dial one does it in the field.

(BTW Johnnycat - MXT is sweet. Went to Sweet Home and got coil covers. Found some silver and gold as well as coins so far.)
;D

Grey
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

greydigger said:
Got 1 for my son and 1 for me. I like it. Never had an expensive one to compare it to.
The screw on the back adjusts the sensitivity roughly and the dial one does it in the field.

(BTW Johnnycat - MXT is sweet. Went to Sweet Home and got coil covers. Found some silver and gold as well as coins so far.)
;D

Grey


Send it back :icon_jokercolor:
 
Re: "Quality" Pinpointer on the cheap!

I have one and it's awesome!!! I can't tell you how great this thing is and for 17 bucks even better. I tried to order online and waited just
like you. Finally I got fed up and just went to the local Harbor Freight and found four on the shelf. I only bought one.

Should have bought them all. Since they are now discontinued. :( Good luck on tracking one down.

Fishstank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom