What's new

Quartz finds from this weekend

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It rained a bit last nite and not enough to really change the creek but I went out for about 30 minutes and pushed some stuff around with my boot and found these quartz pieces. First side WP_20131208_002.webp and flip side WP_20131208_003.webp.

This one is sort of a mystery because one edge is flat...maybe broken or maybe that's the way it was intended and it has a curve to it. WP_20131208_005.webpWP_20131208_007.webpWP_20131208_008.webp

Does anyone know anything about this type artifact?

More pics with them wet and added a couple of things...does the big one looked worked?
WP_20131209_002.webpWP_20131209_003.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
hi nc that quartz was really hard for them to work,alot of times you can not even tell,but they did make some cool points with them,glad to see you got out
 
Best way is to get it wet to look at it I've found easier to see the worked spots ;)
 
Best way is to get it wet to look at it I've found easier to see the worked spots ;)

Yeah wet is better.
@ NCPeaches looks like you are in the rite spot maybe you will still get some of the rain we got today and that creek will flood.
 
I'll take some pics of them when it gets light outside...stuck here at home because now there is a sink hole on the bridge where I cross to go out so hoping the rains will hold off now but it is supposed to drizzle all day. Got a love/hate relationship with the rain hehehe
 
Wow we dont get sink holes here, tg. We do however get flooding. The roads arent covered just yet but almost. One creek I drove over today is 10 ft higher than normal and the water is about 12 inches from going over the bridge/ road. They are flowing the river 24/7 rite now and it is causing the creeks to back up and flood the low lands. They need to stop the flow for at least 1 day so the creeks can empty to the river.
 
Nice finds and I agree with Jamey that stuff is hard to tell.:BangHead:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom