Ju8vP3t said:
When you guys do your returns (Dumps, I guess to some of you), for those that Roll Search Frequently (Like everyday almost) have you ever had any snaggs with returning?......Now, almost everytime I return,...a supervisor has to be called for an over-ride...because of excessive activity on the account...(Currently, I pick-up and return the next day, so it is frequent), there's never a problem, they just do an over-ride, but still I rather not be on anyone's list...especially now a days, the way the banking laws and policies have changed...Now a bank can REPORT you for ANY unusual activity, THEY deem...Anyone got any thoughts?
I have only been CRHing for a few months, but what you mention in your post makes no sense to me. Override? What is that? How is excessive activity defined? I have never experienced any of this in my CRHing pursuits. What bank do you go to?
I hand the clerk my bag of coins and she takes them to the machine, runs them through then prints a ticket and says "how do you want that back?". I never take in more than $700 or so in dumps, just because I don't want to pi$$ off the tellers who have to carry the heavy bag of coins to the machine and run them through. Some of the petite tellers even have trouble carrying $700 worth. I have offered to carry them back to the machine but they always say no.
Also, many here on this blog consider it bad form to dump where you buy. Not only would it seem that buying one day and dumping the next might make the tellers mad and cause them to start charging you fees, but you could be buying up all your dumped coins.
As far as reporting unusual activity, if they are going to report CRHers then they are going to do it. I am unaware of any laws that are being broken by CRHing. I guess if you buy $10,000 or more worth of halves and pay cash you will get reported due to the large amount of currency??
Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Jim