What's new

Question about Bank Coin Machines ??? Please help!

robinsong

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
New to the hobby (having fun!!!) and need a bit of advice. I'm fully aware of the Coinstar machines in grocery stores and know they charge about 10% so won't be using them for my "dumps". But, find some tellers in some banks quite nasty when I bring in my rolled halves. what is the advantage of a Bank coin machine, where are they located, is it self serve or teller operated, etc. How do I know if a bank has one???

Many thanks!
 
Upvote 0
I probably wouldn't CRH if I had to roll all my coins back up. The machines save a lot of tedious work. Typically they are located in the lobby (although I think sometimes they can be in the teller area -but I haven't seen this personally). All you do is walk into the bank, spot the machine and follow the instructions it gives you (self-serve). You could probably call them and ask, but I just went to all my banks to find out. In my town about 1/3 of the banks have coin machines.
 
You might want to check to see if any of your credit unions might have coin machines. Down in the south, most are free. Up north, they have installed coinstar and charge 4 to 5% (which I won't use).
 
Just go to all the banks in your area and look or ask. I hope your not bringing the rolled halves back from where you got them.
 
Nope, wise enough to return unwanted coins to other banks. Will call around and find a coin return. Thanks for the help!!!!!
 
I have found that the websites have a branch locater which displays features such as coin counter. As mentioned earlier the credit unions usually have them for customers.

Cheers!
 
robinsong said:
New to the hobby (having fun!!!) and need a bit of advice. I'm fully aware of the Coinstar machines in grocery stores and know they charge about 10% so won't be using them for my "dumps". But, find some tellers in some banks quite nasty when I bring in my rolled halves. what is the advantage of a Bank coin machine, where are they located, is it self serve or teller operated, etc. How do I know if a bank has one???

Many thanks!

If it helps, TD Bank has what they call "penny arcade", and they do not charge a penny, nor do you have to have an account
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom