Nephilim3883
Greenie
- Joined
- Jan 6, 2016
- Messages
- 15
- Reaction score
- 11
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Crestwood, KY
- Detector(s) used
- Ground EFX MX200E, Gold Digger Land or Sea Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver (Backup), Cen-Tech Pinpointer (Modified, Backup)
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I have had a couple of people ask some tough questions when I send an email asking permission to detect on their property (been contacting some old churches).
I have run into questions like:
What do you hope to achieve? What will you do with your findings? Places I have worked in the past? References?
I am only doing this as a fun hobby, not a professional retrieval service, even though I do like to conduct the detecting in a professional manner. I am sure some of you have been hit the questions like these, how do you respond?
FYI- I found out about this particular spot from an old newspaper article. There might be a cache of coins buried there. I don't want to say that to the property owner and be told that I can't hunt there. I'd be happy to share what I find 50/50 though.
I have run into questions like:
What do you hope to achieve? What will you do with your findings? Places I have worked in the past? References?
I am only doing this as a fun hobby, not a professional retrieval service, even though I do like to conduct the detecting in a professional manner. I am sure some of you have been hit the questions like these, how do you respond?
FYI- I found out about this particular spot from an old newspaper article. There might be a cache of coins buried there. I don't want to say that to the property owner and be told that I can't hunt there. I'd be happy to share what I find 50/50 though.
If not a church (private property), people don't want someone to come in and take something, even if they don't know it's there. If you find something valuable, it's only fair that the owner get SOMETHING for "LETTING" you dig up the place.







