FreeBirdTim
Silver Member
- Joined
- Sep 24, 2013
- Messages
- 4,203
- Reaction score
- 8,017
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Scituate, RI
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Went to the store last night and returned to find a note on my porch door. It was from a constable looking to serve some legal papers to my girlfriend. My guess would be over the $2,500 debt she has with Paypal. But as many of you know, she died last November, so they're not on the ball. I called the number he left and told him that fact. He thanked me and stated he would just return the legal papers to the attorney who hired him. Paypal will have to put a lien on the property, since I'm not paying the bill.
Now here's the legal question. I have an enclosed porch that goes the length of the house with a heavy steel outside door. I didn't lock it, since I was going to be back in 10 minutes or so. The constable arrived during the heavy rain, so he decided he didn't want to leave the note on my door. He opened my door, walked onto my porch and left the note on my inside door, which leads to my bedroom. He must have opened my inside door as well, since the note was wedged between the door and the jamb. I was shocked when I found the note inside my home! Do you think he had the right to try my outside door, open it and enter my enclosed porch? Seems illegal to me and I'm not happy about it at all. Let me know your opinion and what I should do about it.
Now here's the legal question. I have an enclosed porch that goes the length of the house with a heavy steel outside door. I didn't lock it, since I was going to be back in 10 minutes or so. The constable arrived during the heavy rain, so he decided he didn't want to leave the note on my door. He opened my door, walked onto my porch and left the note on my inside door, which leads to my bedroom. He must have opened my inside door as well, since the note was wedged between the door and the jamb. I was shocked when I found the note inside my home! Do you think he had the right to try my outside door, open it and enter my enclosed porch? Seems illegal to me and I'm not happy about it at all. Let me know your opinion and what I should do about it.







