Question about my wife. Please help if you can!

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey friends. I have a quick question about my wife. She is about 31weeks pregnant and lately she has had very strong stomach pains and some are actually contractions. We went to the doctor and they said she is only having like 4 in 45 minutes which is no biggie and said that she may have UTI
But here lately she has gotten a bad case of diarrea and cant get rid of it. Im sure its part of the pregnancy but what can she take for it? We dont know if the sharp pains she is having today are contractions or pains from her diarrea. any ideas?

F

Felinepeachy

This is one of those times when you don't really want to try home remedies because there is another party involved, your baby. She needs to go back to the doctor. In the mean time just make sure she stays hydrated with lots of water of course, but also get her some pedialite pop-cycles. Helps with her electrolyte balance.

F

Felinepeachy

Also, you said the doc said she may have a UTI? Is she on antibiotics?

NoNeck

Aug 31, 2010
Wichita Falls, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Garrett PP, Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can do is suggest going back to the DR and or trying another DR. I am no DR they are the ones you and your wife need to be talking too. Maybe there is a DR on here that can tell yall more. Good luck hope all get better soon and yall have a healthy child.

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you and your wife arent happy with the advice off your doctor find another good luck

K

Kentucky Kache

I wouldn't rely on Treasurenet for advice like that. Go back to the doc.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I would have to agree with everyone else and suggest that you call your doctor.. There is someone on call at all times.. since she is pregnant, I would not monkey around with home remedies. Just my two cents.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thank you for turning to...Doctor Robert. Ask the real doctor. Is this your first? You have our support and our thoughts are with you. Everything will pretty much turn out ok, and do post and let us know.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking Braxton Hicks Contractions but the diarrhea does not add up unless the diarrhea came first. Go back to the doctor or another doctor. You can never be too cautious.

NJ

OP
OP
olekyground

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the comments! I went to the doctor and they said she was actusally having contractions but was not dialating. So we are still gonna be a while on the birth of our boy. Which is very good because it would have been 2 months premature. The said Having a UTI can actually cause contractions. so everything is good now. she feels so much better. thanks again for your advice.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would get a replacement for her...just in case. And a driver. Then make sure you have a good set of 2way radios so you can tell them how you did! ...TTC (just a joke now..... no stones,please! )

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest NOT asking such a question on a metal detecting forum. Most who participate are not experts in having babies, and I also suspect a lot of treasure hunters would drive the wife to the hospital and then quickly go detecting. Just kidding...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread