Question about nozzle suction....

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone here run a hydro force nozzle? Worth the money? From the few videos I can find they seem to do what they say they can...

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone here run a hydro force nozzle? Worth the money? From the few videos I can find they seem to do what they say they can...

They absolutely work as advertised. I have a 2" and my brother has a 2-1/2". I thought mine was the greatest think since sliced bread, until my brother showed up with a 2-1/2". That 1/2" difference is a whole lot more than you would expect. They are perfect for highbankers.

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They absolutely work as advertised. I have a 2" and my brother has a 2-1/2". I thought mine was the greatest think since sliced bread, until my brother showed up with a 2-1/2". That 1/2" difference is a whole lot more than you would expect. They are perfect for highbankers.

Thanks for the info, I was wanting info from some one that owns and operates one. I plan on buying one to run on my 3" proline. Looks like I better just order one up!

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, I was wanting info from some one that owns and operates one. I plan on buying one to run on my 3" proline. Looks like I better just order one up!

I have a thread on here with a couple of picks. " New Hydro-Force 2" dry land suction nozzle"

TheEquineFencer

Mar 31, 2012
Farmville,NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you guys looking something like this? I'm working on a new nozzle. 3 inch OD one for now. I plan to run it with a 195 GPM Pacer pump. I have some of the stuff I need to build a 2 inch and a 4 inch nozzle also. So far the parts cost is not too bad, but the time/labor for machining the rest of the parts to fit is kind of time consuming.

20140814_145753.jpg

20150523_043508.jpg

20150523_044808.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I decided not to complete the infinity and built a 4 and a 6 jet eductor instead for 2 reasons. 1 Unplugging the jet if a small bit of grit somehow gets past the filter taking time away from sucking gravel and 2, this type was far easier to build. After several tests with jet sizes and number of jets, I find I'm getting very, very good efficiency, somewhere in the 80-90% of gallons water in to gallons of water out. It almost doubles the flow of the pump input at 35psi and the orifices are big enough to let any small particles blow right thru, which is ideal using the pump I have to get max. suction to weight of equipment used.
Here's the thread on the jet build. Go to #24 for the final version.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/d...lly-started-work-quad-jet-step-step-pics.html

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, it needs a couple feet of outlet line, as straight as possible, to utilize the water piston effect. It needs something to push to create a vacuum behind it.

jetblack

Oct 25, 2006
Hi All
If you guys can help me....Does anyone know where I can buy a used Peri Jet with the 2.1/2 inch inlet & the 4 inch discharge, will pay a fair price & may want more than one, not worried about any hoses just the bare units will do. Thanks for the reply's in advance.
Regards
J

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think you would have better luck having a machine shop build one for you. The picture on this website http://www.derbyshiremachine.com/perijet.html makes a good design starting point. Cost will probably be more than a used one but finding one could be near impossible, however you could have the body and piping made of thin aluminum and have a uhmw liner in the intake and exhaust pipes, instead of heavy weight steel throughout. Divers Couplejets are another name for them.
The one I built works on the exact same principle and the design is free to use for anyone. A fab shop could easily build one to your specs out of the material of your choice.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread