What's new

Question about the Bounty Hunters (metal detector ).

  • Thread starter Thread starter robert roy
  • Start date Start date
Can rechargeable batteries be used in the Bounty Hunter QDII??
 
I just got a bounty hunter for xmas, and i have been out 2 times with so far. I'm still trying to figure out all the diferant tones, but I do like it.
 
relichunters said:
George (MN) said:
Bounty Hunter offers some models that are cheaper than any other American made detectors, so they get more limited budget people into the hobby.

Bounty Hunter detectors are pretty easy to use, but the models under $250-300 don't have non-motion pinpoint, which I prefer.

There is very little learning curve compared to some other detectors. They can usually be run on full sensitivity without being unstable. They may not air test as impressively as some other detectors, but beep about as far in the ground as in the air & can usually ID correctly close to the maximum detection depth.

The optional coil are less expensive as well. HH, George (MN)


For the models without pinpoint built in, swing it over a target in an X pattern. To correctly find the exact location.

I use the BH Tracker II most of the time, which is a cheaper model. I've found a lot of jewelry with it. I find the 'X pattern' works well to pinpoint if you 'bounce' the coil up and down a couple inches above the ground over the target area and find your strongest signal point from two directions. You can learn where on the coil a target pinpoints after a few times.
The bounce can also tell you if it's a junk reading. I've never found anything good that doesn't give a signal on the 'bounce'.
Although I haven't really done much "relic" hunting............... yet
 
The only problem I have with BH detectors (and this only applies to the pushpad style ones) is that they don't retain their settings when turned off. This also applies to 'Teknetics'. Other than that, they're decent detectors. ..Willy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom