What's new

QUESTION - GPS for treasure hunting

FISH BONE

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2016
Messages
27
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Location
LOUISIANA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm looking for a GPS unit to do some metal detecting, Treasure hunting, Relic hunting? I'm looking for a good system that is around $200-$400 if possibe. What are you guys using to track and mark your areas? thanks
 
I use the Delorme pn-60w. I like it better than any of the Garmin units and I prefer the Delorme topo maps. I also use the ireach satellite locator with it for extra insurance. I believe Garmin bought Delorme now but I hope they keep the product lines separate. I always say Garmin for on road, Delorme for off-road.
 
Thanks treasuresalvor for your input I'll look that up
 
When not using the built-in GPS in my CTX, I have a Garmin Map60CSX. GReat unit, but it's older and discontinued. They have a replacement that I think has easier keyboard entry.
 
DeLorme

DeLorme PN-60.
TOPO USA (comes with unit) on a tablet for the field and PC for research.
GPS Babel (free) converter for .kml on Google Earth.
Steep learning curve, well worth it. Got questions just ask.


We do R&D on our drywashers in the dead of summer.
InReach (DeLorme) so our grandkids can keep track of us.


This was scanned from paper map, put on GE and lines drawn on claim boundaries.
Converted to Delorme format for field.
Numbered points are field checked claim markers.


kml1.webp


Purdy darn close.




AJones
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom