What's new

Question on buying someones dumped halves.

Hi Ho Silver!

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2010
Messages
907
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
:icon_scratch: Here is the problem. Everyone says to buy ALL the rolls they have at a bank if you ask for rolls brought in by customers and the bank has them.
Today I asked and the teller said she didn't but, when she asked another teller she said she did. The first teller came back and asked me how much I wanted. Of course, I said how much do you have? She said $850.00. I chuckled and said I don't have that much with me but I will buy $400.00. She replied that's OK you can come back if you want because they will be here for while anyway. SO, I started to get more interested. I asked, were they brought in like this regularly?? She said no, I think they were emptying out a house. When she came out of the vault she had a $500.00 box with Brinks rolls that were opened on one end. I said to myself, crap, probably a dump. But, I took the box she came out with anyway and looked throught them all again. SKUNKED. Now, should I still go back for the rest??? Should I forget about them?? I didn't even get to go to any other banks because I usually have enough money with $400.00 to go to a half dozen!
 
Upvote 0
go ahead and get them. who knows a teller at that bank may call you again. sooner or later something good will come in. if you have a teller that will work for you it can pay off over and over again. good luck
 
To start with would someone please tell me how to put somebodys response in a grey box.
On the note of me cluing tellers in by my list of questions, i will after judging the situation only ask 1 or 2 of them . Not teaching tellers is my #2 rule of CRH .
 
The post that you want to quote will have a clickable link in the top right hand corner that says"Quote."

Scott
 
I went to another bank and found the same initials on $200.00 there. Rats! Looks like a dumping spree.
 
I'd get them. If it is a one time deal, it makes for happy tellers.
If it is a reoccuring deal (which you will not find out until later), then drop them from your list.
 
I would get them, if for no other reason than to have a "clean" bank to work with. Anything new coming in may have some silver.

Bud
 
So did I read you right? you went back and got the rest and found a ton of silver? That is exactly why I buy them all...all the time. Good on you and now you know the Rest of the story as the late Paul Harvey used to say.

Golden Silver
 
I would normally buy them all. The one time I didn't was when she showed me a box that I had dumped at another bank. The bank rolls, opened on one end, had my mark on them. I figured that even if I had missed something, it wouldn't have slipped by twice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom