What's new

Question on STAR * Notes

Dozer D

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
3,083
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
I know a star note is a duplicate serial # bill(s) sheets that have gone BAD in the original printing cycle. But, what happens when a Star note reprint sheet goes wrong? Do they re-run the batch again, but this time does it have two stars **, OR what? Comments of interest. Tks
 
shredded and destroyed would be my guess.
 
Don't know, I do know there are no double star notes.
If they are replacing defective notes, maybe they are extra careful not to botch again and the scenario has never come up.
 
The Bureau Of Engraving and Printing only makes these " replacement sheets " or star note sheets , due to the need to reprint some sheets that have been printed with some error of some kind . I once also thought they replaced the first batch of sheets with the same serial numbers , but actually all of the original sheets , are all replaced with different serial numbers , as the original sheets are shredded . Although , there are actually some Federal Reserve Notes that do have the same serial numbers , only made by mistake by the BEP . So , I'm not actually sure what happens when a replacement sheet is printed with an errors , but I don't believe any notes of any kind ever have had 2 stars on a note .
 
Staying on the same questioning. Is there ever a reprint series that has the STAR* in the beginning of the sequence? If so, is it called something different, and/or for something else? Tks. DozerD
 
If you find a star note at the beginning, I suggest you keep it and take very good care of it because it would either be a freakish error or a forgery
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom