What's new

Question on Vaquero and Tejon

NeilinFR

Full Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2007
Messages
235
Reaction score
40
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Any way to get the Vaquero(and Tejon Im guessing is the same)to ignore hot rocks? Can it be done through some GB setting?

Also, on GBing, what is the best way to do it, should it be as the manual says or slightly positive?

Thanks much,
Neil
 
Do you own either one? I just ordered a Vaquero yesterday and I'm looking forward to using it. I can't wait to use the super tune method
on it. I think GB will be a lot like GBing my Bandido 2 umax which is a snap. I never had a prpblem with hot rocks with any of the units I've owned except for a Musketeer Colt. Couldn't GB that unit, it was fixed.
 
Yes I own a Vaquero and a Tejon should be here in about a week. I set my disc real low at iron so I can get small gold but this gives a positive signal on the rocks. Thats why I was wondering about the GB settings.

Neil
 
Next time you find a hot rock try GBing for it. Like on the tesoro GB video. (is that still around?)
 
As for the rest of your question. From what I have read on this and other forums, most prefer to set the GB to slightly positive. Surely not negative. Maybe that is why people like slightly positive, to make sure it never goes negative.
 
Corben said:
Next time you find a hot rock try GBing for it. Like on the tesoro GB video. (is that still around?)

I tried doing this and it throws the GB way off for one and doesnt solve the problem. Guess its just one of those trade off things, all detectors have some sort of trade off.

Thanks,
Neil
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom