What's new

question

Billy P

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im new to this site and metal detecting. Im from Dupage County IL and lookin for some advice on metal detectors. . Im lookin to spend about 500 for my first detector, but dont no anything about them or were to buy one around this area. If any one is from around here luv to get some advice so I could start diggin. Thanks Billy P
 
Welcome. There are several "supporting vendors" here on the forum that are very good to do business with and can help you with the purchase of a new detector. My advice would be to read as much as you can and educate yourself before jumping and buying a detector. There is a TON of knowledge here if you will take the time and research........good luck to you.
 
I posted this to basically the same question above. Hopefully it will be a bit helpful
Many of the features you see on higher end machines and even some not so high end are bells and whistles that are convenient, but not crucial. Whether it's the most expensive machine with lots of settings and a screen or the basic beep and dig detector like most of the Tesoros, in the end all that any of them can reliably tell you is that there's metal under the coil. The target id machines are often fooled because ultimately it's a machines' best guess based on how it is designed and isn't 100% accurate. That said, most of them on the market today are pretty good as long as you keep the notion of "best guess" in mind. The main drawback is displays tend to make many of us lazy and we pass up what the detector indicates is trash instead of digging it to be sure. I don't want to know what I've missed that I should have retrieved - I'm happy in my ignorance.
luvsdux
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom