What's new

Questions about Chesapeake Beach, MD

pokegirl

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, everyone! I'm new to metal detecting, and I decided that since I'm going to Chesapeake Beach, I can just detect there! I do have questions, though, if anyone has answers.

1. Does anyone know where any of these were - the casinos, the old Belvedere hotel, and/or the roller coaster?
2. Has anyone ever MD'd at Chesapeake Beach before?
3. If so, were you successful?
4. Any tips?

Thanks, everyone!

-pokegirl
 
Upvote 0
pennsylvania.gif
1st - I noticed this was your veryu first post - so welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - Until someone pipes in - you might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Maryland for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the tip!
 
metal_detector.gif
Keep checking back pokegirl - someone will pipe in shortly.
 
1. Does anyone know where any of these were - the casinos, the old Belvedere hotel, and/or the roller coaster?
2. Has anyone ever MD'd at Chesapeake Beach before?
3. If so, were you successful?
4. Any tips?
Private Beach now, I have hunted it and several other bay beach's, you must come in by water. My last trip there I pulled a few old coins,
jelly fish were very bad and I had to wear a drysuit. Also You must have a water machine to hunt there, If you want I can meet you
there. How long is your visit? Joe Beechnut...
Beach is dated from the late 1890's I believe ..Picture...60's I believe
Bay Beach.webp
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately, I had a cruddy detector to begin with, and it broke today :( So I might just be looking for sea glass. Thanks for the offer, though.
 
You won't be looking for sea glass there, the beach is private, but about a mile down the road is Browne Beach, very nice little place to hunt for things, then a few miles North is North Beach...Nice place also...Good Luck....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom