What's new

Questions and openions on modifications

LJ in TX

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hello all,

New member to forum, long time reader. A few weeks ago I went metal detecting with my XL Pro for the first time for about six hours. Next morning I woke up with excruciating shoulder pain. To make a long story short, after several shots of hydrocortizone to the wrist and neck, I would say I'm "gun shy" to take out the XL again. I also have a Mark 1 LTD that I bought around the same time as the XL. The "U" rod design on the LTD lets me hold the weight at arms length and I only have to twist my wrist to get a good swing and shoulder movement is minimal, which I can live with. The LTD is very good in trash and has a quick responce, the meter is accurate to an extent and I like the tones, but depth is limited. I like what I'm hearing about the Sovereign GT and was thinking about finding another U rod like the LTD and adapt the GT to work in this configuration. What do you guys think ? Can it be done ? I know the XL suppose to be one of the best, I haven't learned its potential yet, but for now it will collect some dust. Thanks all. LJ
 
I considered that but not so much the weight, its the shoulder movement with that type of rod. When using the u rod I only have to twist my wrist.
 
LJ in TX said:
Hello all,

New member to forum, long time reader. A few weeks ago I went metal detecting with my XL Pro for the first time for about six hours. Next morning I woke up with excruciating shoulder pain. To make a long story short, after several shots of hydrocortizone to the wrist and neck, I would say I'm "gun shy" to take out the XL again. I also have a Mark 1 LTD that I bought around the same time as the XL. The "U" rod design on the LTD lets me hold the weight at arms length and I only have to twist my wrist to get a good swing and shoulder movement is minimal, which I can live with. The LTD is very good in trash and has a quick responce, the meter is accurate to an extent and I like the tones, but depth is limited. I like what I'm hearing about the Sovereign GT and was thinking about finding another U rod like the LTD and adapt the GT to work in this configuration. What do you guys think ? Can it be done ? I know the XL suppose to be one of the best, I haven't learned its potential yet, but for now it will collect some dust. Thanks all. LJ
If you might consider selling the Mark I please let me know and your price including shipping to NYC 10024.

Silver Fox
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom