Quick After Work Hunt Brings Ring # 16.........

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I rushed out from work today; had to stop, cash a check and get some gas. That left me less than an hour to hit a field at the nearest school. The fields were empty so that was cool.

I got to the field, started swinging and immediately started digging up some assorted clad, mostly late 60's and 70's.

It was getting dark fast and I was really hoping to find something interesting before the sun went down. Then, I got a nice hit and dug up this tiny ring at about 6-7 inches:

Ring # 16 002.JPG

It's unmarked but I do believe it's silver and if it is, it's the first silver find with my new machine. It rang up in the mid 70's with a medium tone and it's definitely not plated. I air tested it later against a known silver ring and it's hitting a solid 80. The known silver hits at a solid 78, both with medium tones.
It also has a nice high ringing tone when you drop it against something.
Plus, it's another ring added to the count regardless of what it's made of.

Besides that I dug more of the usual trash and left with a pocket full of the usual clad. Not too bad for an hour I guess. My new TK Delta 4000 really seems to find the small, deep stuff easily. I found the ring in a spot I've hit numerous times with my BH machines and passed right over. Same goes for the clad for that matter.
I'm definitely digging deeper targets across the board so I'm really happy. It's nice to see those "red" coins consistently.

Ring # 16 and A Pocekt Full of Clad Oct. 9 2014 004.JPG

That's all folks.

Thanks for looking and HH

*******EDIT/UPDATE*******

The ring IS silver. I found what's left of the tiny, MINUSCULE, barely readable mark. Only took me about 15 minutes under a loupe.
This ring was worn for a long time by someone. The next question is, I wonder if it's old?? I've found some pretty old coins at this spot in the past.
If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you and the Tek getting along well bud. It will just get better and better the more you learn that machine

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to see you and the Tek getting along well bud. It will just get better and better the more you learn that machine

Thanks; and for what it's worth......

I freakin' LOVE this machine!!
I can't wait to get it to some better spots when I have some daylight.

And you're right. It already seems to be getting better. I'm going back and hitting every spot I've hunted to see what I've been missing. Unfortunately, we're supposed to be getting some really nasty weather the next few days. Oh well, maybe I'll fashion a rain cover and dress warm.
We'll see.

Last edited:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs. Rings are my favorite thing to find.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice little ring. It would certainly please me especially since I have only found one good ring this year.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Lovely silver ring! :hello2: Stay home relaxing during the rain while it soaks the ground for even deeper finds! :tongue3:

Looks old to me, in any case a pretty ring! :icon_thumright: Andi

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Go G424 go! That is a really nice ring. Good to see you hitting the silver with the new machine. Best of luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread