What's new

Quick loop around the field

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning was nice and cool, so I thought I'd take a quick loop with the camera around the field behind me just to see what all pops up. This old cottonwood tree sits away in the middle of the wheat field next to an irrigation ditch and many times I've spooked coyote out from under it as they nap there on hot days. I saw this swallow tail butterfly flying around it and it did land on the leaves for me to get a shot. I didn't notice the ladybug in the picture until I downloaded it. Going by the water hole the American Avocet's were not so concerned with me being there as their chicks have grown up more and they must not feel the need to run me off anymore. Also got a shot of this mother prairie dog and her little pup out enjoying the morning sunlight. All these pictures I took in less then an hour riding my bike in a loop around the field. To me this beats the heck out of watching the TV morning news. Now I need to head to Denver and get a taste of the big metropolis environment.
 

Attachments

  • bike ride 062916 1a.webp
    bike ride 062916 1a.webp
    2 MB · Views: 122
  • bike ride 062916 1.webp
    bike ride 062916 1.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • bike ride 062916 2.webp
    bike ride 062916 2.webp
    784.4 KB · Views: 107
  • bike ride 062916 3.webp
    bike ride 062916 3.webp
    2 MB · Views: 115
  • bike ride 062916 4.webp
    bike ride 062916 4.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
Don't forget the camera in Denver! Pretty neat pics again! Those avocets are an odd duck:tongue3:
 
Had the camera odpa, but left it turned off the whole time. Not sure about what the flower is there tuberale ?? I'll see if I can I.d. it online. Maybe somekind of daisy I'm thinking?
 
That didn't take too long. According to this site of Colorado wildflowers it's know as a Coneflower or Mexican Hat Wildflowers of Colorado
 
Beautiful pictures as usual.
 
Love the prairie dogs. Incredible shot. You ever think about a calendar? Or maybe just framing and selling your artwork. That's what it is. Not just pics...
 
Love the prairie dogs. Incredible shot. You ever think about a calendar? Or maybe just framing and selling your artwork. That's what it is. Not just pics...
Not so much. I just like seeing what I can capture and I've always been addicted to the outdoors for as long as I can remember. I never had much interest in taking pictures until the digital age came along. Sure saw a lot of things before this modern age of gadgets I wish I could have captured though.
 
Dang you Tamrock! I'm running low on data allotment this month and you go posting wonderful pics again. What nerve!! :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Can't resist taking a peek - always worth it!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom