What's new

Quick question-is naval jelly safe on a gilded relic?

Tigerdude

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2016
Messages
433
Reaction score
1,177
Golden Thread
0
Location
South louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I clean this thing up, I will post a pic as I'm not sure what it is. But it has some gold gilt on it and I want to remove some crude. Is naval jelly safe? Will it remove the existing visible gilt?
 
tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from What Is It? over to Research/Techniques > Cleaning & Preservation for more exposure :..​


​
 
Yes just go slow and be easy. Have water close by to stop the acid reaction

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
Navel Jelly is for rust, No?
 
Aluminum jelly is the best, navel jelly is stronger but both work fine for buttons with guilt on them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom