Quick Trip back to the Tavern

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Howdy,
Cut out of work early to try and get a couple of hours in at the Tavern where we got the Coppers. It was a beautiful Spring day here. The signals were few and far in between. I did this one Copper, Not real sure what it is DeArmitt did tell me but forgot just that quick :dontknow: Also got a couple of pieces of Brass, the one might be a ramrod holder, again not sure, a couple of musketballs and part of a spoon. Thanks for lookin ;D

HH
BB

Attachments

• old copper 004.JPG
    old copper 004.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 660
  • old copper 002.JPG
    old copper 002.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 661
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 670
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to make out , possibly ,Verm Auctori :icon_scratch: I can see Connec. now also ..I like the relics , as well . Nice day to be diggin'

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice coppa!! MR TUFF

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it looks like a CT copper. Awesome!

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is definitely a Connecticut copper. :icon_thumleft: That tavern site is looking goooooood. This yard was never hunted before? :icon_scratch: Are most of the coppers in one area of the yard? There had to been a lot of whooping it up going on at this site. The most we have found at a single site is 28. If I can remember, 17 of the coppers were found in the back yard area. We assumed a lot of drunkard activities happened around that area. Great job on the discovery and keep hitting that site.

Kirk

OP
OP
FortBedfordbob

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Kirk PA said:
That is definitely a Connecticut copper. :icon_thumleft: That tavern site is looking goooooood. This yard was never hunted before? :icon_scratch: Are most of the coppers in one area of the yard? There had to been a lot of whooping it up going on at this site. The most we have found at a single site is 28. If I can remember, 17 of the coppers were found in the back yard area. We assumed a lot of drunkard activities happened around that area. Great job on the discovery and keep hitting that site.

Kirk
The place has been hunted many times before. I first hunted it in the '90s and then the owner told me other people had been over it but " only found a few coins " ! Can't imagine what they were. DeArmitt and I hunted it 2 or 3 years ago but didn't find much. We kept getting futher away from the house. We are finding these in a small area across the road. There is a possibility of a Toll Gate there as it is along a Pike.
HH
BB+

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure is a CT copper. Congrats! :thumbsup: