Racer 2 Wireless Headphones?

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried the newer wireless phones for the Racer 2? I have watched a couple of youtube videos, but there has been no mention of battery life. What kind of hunting times should you expect with fully charged phones? Are the phones well built?(the pictures look like they are somewhat flimsy) After many years of detecting, I have had three pair of headphones break and everytime it was the cord at the stress relief. Cordless phones would eliminate that problem. I am trying to decide between the Racer 2 cordless and the Garrett Z Links. I guess the major benefit of the Z Links is they can be used with just about every brand of detector. Any feedback on the Racer 2 cordless phones would be appreciated. Ray

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo' Ray. I just received my Makro Racer 2 from Turkey about two weeks ago. I got the wireless Makro 2.4 gHz. headset the same day from a guy in the states. I have been out on four two or three hour hunts and they were still going on there original charge. As far as quality of build and sound I absolutely love the things. Of course when summer heats up I'd prefer a behind the neck light weight option but, I haven't found that yet. I don't know the run time on a single charge and have my set plugged in and charging right now. I went out today for about four hours. I know I should have been keeping track of my hours on the charge but, I get too excited about hunting I guess. I do know I don't want to have them die on me and have to resort to the cable. Especially in the woods I am hunting this spring. Cables absolutely suck in briar & shrub infested woods. I'd have no problem suggesting any Makro Racer 2 owner get the Makro headset. Of course my experience is pretty limited but, I am loving them so far. I hope this helps mate. The Racer 2 is a rockin' machine I am finding out as well. Peace.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my Makro wireless headphones. I bought a second pair just to have as a backup just in case. I feel that for $119.00 they are a steal. Problem I have with the Z Link is after you spend $139.00 you still have to fork over another $100.00 or so for a decent set of headphones and you still have a cord running from the phones to the receiver in your pocket or belt.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't feel like they area a steal at $119.00, however, I wouldn't want anything else for my Makro 2. They are light and comfortable, and the transmitter plugs right into the side of the control box so there's no extra batteries to buy. Plus the rain cover can still be used. It's a no brainer if you own a Makro 2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions