Wireless Headphones question..............

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, so I'm a bit out of the hi-tech loop of what's available today. I still use my old school Tesoro Vaquero detector, which you may know, has no disply screen.
It's getting irritating constantly getting my Grey Ghost headphone cord tangled up on my digging shovel.
QUESTIONS:
1) Are these wireless headphones today only made to be used with the newer hi-tech detectors, or are there some that will also work with my Tesoro Vaquero?

2) If so, what brand would you recommend?

Thanks for your input,
MM

flintstone

Mar 12, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT,FISHER CZ7A,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get head phones with adaptor that will plug in the detector and make the headphones work. Or get a detector that has Bluetooth.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get head phones with adaptor that will plug in the detector and make the headphones work. Or get a detector that has Bluetooth.
Thank you. I don’t really want to buy a new detector (yet). Mine works great.
I will go with the adaptor idea and give it a shot. I was reading some old posts on another site since I posted this. Someone was using Auvio wireless headphones with their Vaquero. That was about 10 years ago though. I’m sure there are a lot of choices out there since then. They bought their adapter at Radio Shack so you know it’s old.
Thanks for your input. 👍
MM

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
ModernMiner, once you go wireless you will never go back to wired. I converted my old Whites machine to use bluetooth headphones way back when. Then I bought a wireless machine 10 years ago. There is just no way I could go back to dealing those headphone cables getting tangled up in the bushes again. Go for it man, you will love the freedom of not being tethered to your machine. :laughing7:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner, once you go wireless you will never go back to wired. I converted my old Whites machine to use bluetooth headphones way back when. Then I bought a wireless machine 10 years ago. There is just no way I could go back to dealing those headphone cables getting tangled up in the bushes again. Go for it man, you will love the freedom of not being tethered to your machine. :laughing7:
lol. Thanks for the post.
Between the headphone cable and the lanyards on my Garrett pinpointer it’s a mess. Always getting tangled up on my “T” handled shovel and branches.. 😭

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread