What's new

Railroad shovel

Clonloum123

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2019
Messages
65
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this antique railroad shovel in a scrap pile.

there is a make and name on it Any idea of the date of it


IMG_20200301_131228.webpIMG_20200301_131220.webp
 
Last edited:
There is shockingly very little info about shovels on line. What I know about English shovels is that they are very well made. This one is worth restoring. you can buy new handles online.
If you are inclined to return it to the scrap pile I would gladly take it off your hands :)
 
Thats a cool piece of History I love RR related stuff
 
This is too much precious.These types of shovels are very rare.But i dont know about its date.
 
I agree English shovels in this country are quite rare. England has completely stopped producing shovels They are now made in India with the forges sent from England. It is a very cool shovel. Not sure how to date it because I can't find anything like it on line. Nice Save BTW
 
Thanks for the fantastic info. Im delighted And am Going restoring it . it Could of came from the local railroad
 
Maybe for shoveling the coal into the steam engine?
 
From what I researched it is for sure a railroad coal shovel. No doubt about that
 
Last edited:
I live in ireland. In your professional opinions would this extremely rare English made railroad coal shovel of been used in my local railroad . It was found in a scrap pile in my locality
 
Last edited:
Cool relic, congrats! :icon_thumleft:
 
The local museum curator regoines it probably came from local railway
 
Last edited:
I was cleaning it with wire wool and the metal appeared IMG_20200303_222612.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom