Rain, Rain come again

KeyaPaha

Oct 12, 2015
Naper, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D and now M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yaay for me! We finally got an inch of rain up here in north central Nebraska!
😃
Th drought had made the soil rock hard and plugs stuck out like measles. Now I can go dirt fishing!!!! Hopefully the rains keep coming.
After my 4.5 mile gumbo road to the main gravel county road dried up enough, I headed for a closed 1923 high school. Last time I was there, I asked an old timer who went to school there, if it had ever been filled, as all I was finding was memorials and clad. He said it hadn't, but now I doubt his memory.
Again, the clad coins and memorials were prolific, and all at about the 3.5 to 4" depth. I did hit a 53 wheatie at 6" and was so happy to see this 41 shiny in the hole at 8"!!
😮

The downfall was the over 1 month hiatus because of the drought. I sure am paying for it in the thighs and back today.

Attachments

• GHS 8-18-22.JPG
    GHS 8-18-22.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 130
Upvote 14

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the tail end of that storm today and it helped us a lot. Congrats on swinging again.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yaay for me! We finally got an inch of rain up here in north central Nebraska!
😃
Th drought had made the soil rock hard and plugs stuck out like measles. Now I can go dirt fishing!!!! Hopefully the rains keep coming.
After my 4.5 mile gumbo road to the main gravel county road dried up enough, I headed for a closed 1923 high school. Last time I was there, I asked an old timer who went to school there, if it had ever been filled, as all I was finding was memorials and clad. He said it hadn't, but now I doubt his memory.
Again, the clad coins and memorials were prolific, and all at about the 3.5 to 4" depth. I did hit a 53 wheatie at 6" and was so happy to see this 41 shiny in the hole at 8"!!
😮

The downfall was the over 1 month hiatus because of the drought. I sure am paying for it in the thighs and back today.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Dylan Wheeler

Jul 10, 2022
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Nokta Gold Kruzer
Vanquish 440
Nice hunt, I was at a site very similar to yours today, old school-late 30’s. I’m in Pennsylvania, our soil is like concrete right now bc of the drought. I actually broke a steel serrated digger while digging a plug today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions