What's new

Rainy Season

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This last week took me all the way from here on the Colorado front range all the way to Yerington Nevada, which over there I ran into one heck of a rain storm. It's the rainy season all across the west and even in the deserts I've see some places that had flooded. It sure made some places really green that will only last a short time, so it was quite pleasing to experience. Coming home last night I see still some light snow flurries high in the rocky mountains.
 

Attachments

  • wet weather 1.webp
    wet weather 1.webp
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 80
  • wet weather 2.webp
    wet weather 2.webp
    602 KB · Views: 90
  • wet weather 3.webp
    wet weather 3.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
  • wet weather 4.webp
    wet weather 4.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
  • wet weather 5.webp
    wet weather 5.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 100
  • wet weather 6.webp
    wet weather 6.webp
    539.3 KB · Views: 87
Our forecast at one point had us in a winter storm watch with a possibility of up to 18" of snow. So far just a little rain and cold.
 
Wow some real nice photos.
 
Out here on the east coast we're living in a rain forest this week. Right now the rain stopped but we have very dense fog and no visibility.
 
It's been raining here the last couple of days. They are forecasting the river behind our property the reach maximum and flood stage around the second week in June. Looks like my neighbors will lose more property to the high water. Right now the river bank is only about thirty feet from our corner property post. Oh Well, maybe it won't be long before we have river-front property and then I'll have private access to fishing for trout.
 
It's been raining here the last couple of days. They are forecasting the river behind our property the reach maximum and flood stage around the second week in June. Looks like my neighbors will lose more property to the high water. Right now the river bank is only about thirty feet from our corner property post. Oh Well, maybe it won't be long before we have river-front property and then I'll have private access to fishing for trout.
Sounds this wet weather is pretty wide spread across the mountain west. I haven't seen rain come down as hard as it did in a long time over east of Fallon, Nevada when I drove through there last Thursday. That place I've only ever seen under the hot baking dry desert sun. It was really coming down and beginning to flood in some area's.
 
Our forecast at one point had us in a winter storm watch with a possibility of up to 18" of snow. So far just a little rain and cold.
Oh yeah, it did look like it was gonna snow some more up on the east side of the I70 tunnels. I won't be surprised to hear you get a few inches up your way. Over in the Glenwood canyon the rain has brought a lot of green down in the canyon. I stopped for a bit at the Grizzly creek rest area and it was kind of a little paradise down in the canyon with the creeks running higher and the sounds of rushing water and birds singing all around.
 

Attachments

  • wet weather 7.webp
    wet weather 7.webp
    2.8 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Beautiful photos, tamrock. I especially like the storm clouds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom