Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1spliter.jpg
    1spliter.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0
You must have had a wheelbarrow with you on your hunt today. A lot of heavy iron pieces. Neat find.

Naaaaa burdie...not stupid!

? ? Neat find....did you loose your hearing when it screamed at ya? ?:D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ;)

JD,

hope you don't put your finds in your pockets. Your pants would be down to your knees :o

have a good un...................

That is indeed the head off an old spike hammer. Even though it's not near as heavy as a sledge hammer, it will drive a spike through and oak tie in just a few licks! They still use them today. Look for smaller spikes with numbers on them. The numbers tell when the track was laid. Very collectable and sometimes valuable. It's not unusual to find a switch lock which is the crowning achievement of MDing railroad tracks. My wife just retired from a shortline railroad! Monty

Nice find, it's the historical part that make those finds so special. HH and I hope you find a few date nails, Mike

I Would sure like to find the last Spike that that was driven, You know the one made out of Gold in the old RailRoad Photos ? Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Stan, looks like you're doing pretty good! Gonna have to get bigger pockets though. LOL Hope you're able to get to truck fairly close. Keep 'em comin'. Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back