What's new

Random half question

JoeSwindell

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
37
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Roanoke, Va
Anyone ever pull out 64's that look almost in perfect condition? I had a box a while back with about 4 that were all about AU and my local coin dealer said it's pretty common. Of course I didn't believe him. Anyone else get that?
 
Upvote 0
Yup. 64 was the first JFK coin and was hoarded by a lot of folks because of the JFK factor and later because this was the last 90% year for halves.
 
I've been finding a lot of them also.
 
yes i would have 2 say that i have at least a roll ,r a roll 1/2 of AU 1964's.they will show up from time 2 time.
COPPER DIME
 
Yep- common - they minted over 400 mil and they were hoarded aggressively with all the other 90% silver.
 
Cool good to know, I myself have the old gold plated ones and all sorts of weird displace cases and stuff. I just still find it funny all the good coins people just turn into the bank for 50 cents. hehe.
 
Yea Joe

It never ceases to amaze me. I find so many mint state coins I hate to sell them for melt.

All the mint condition coins and Commemorative and Proofs that get dumped as well.

The nifc's also... Someone paid a premium for those coins.

Mojo
 
Yes, It is very common. A while ago, I got 11 pieces that belonged to a roll in one box. Their edges were toned to the same degree but both reverse and obverse were look like new. Apparently someone dumped a whole roll which was hoarded for more than forty years. I never be able to find the other 9 pieces due to too many box orderers in my area.
 
Yinzi50 said:
Yes, It is very common. A while ago, I got 11 pieces that belonged to a roll from one box. Their edges were toned to the same degree but both reverse and obverse were look like new. Apparently someone dumped a whole roll which was hoarded for most forty years. I never be able to find the other 9 pieces due to too many box orderers in my area.

Awhile ago I found 9 pieces from one box that looked like they were from 1 roll. The edges were almost a powdery white and the faces of these 1964 JFK's were mint like with losts of mint luster and shiney.

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
Yinzi50 said:
Yes, It is very common. A while ago, I got 11 pieces that belonged to a roll from one box. Their edges were toned to the same degree but both reverse and obverse were look like new. Apparently someone dumped a whole roll which was hoarded for most forty years. I never be able to find the other 9 pieces due to too many box orderers in my area.

Awhile ago I found 9 pieces from one box that looked like they were from 1 roll. The edges were almost a powdery white and the faces of these 1964 JFK's were mint like with losts of mint luster and shiney.

Mojo

No way! So it is you who got the other 9 pieces. LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom