Swanie1
Jr. Member
- Joined
- May 6, 2003
- Messages
- 94
- Reaction score
- 8
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett GTI 2500 & XL500 SEAHUNTER-PULSE
- #1
Thread Owner
A number of years ago I was detecting in a park, here in the Midwest, and popped up this 1916D mercury dime in the outfield of the ball diamond. At that time, I didn't know enough about caring for silver coins so I decided to clean it with simichrome polish. Also, notice the two nicks I made with my poker. What a dummy!!! As you can notice, it is still a 1916D and has good detail. A couple of years later I popped up another 1916D in AG condition in the front yard of a house. I didn't post a picture of that one..


. I found a dime similar to the one above mine is dated 1944. It is pretty worn but no dings or nicks. the outline of the face is still pretty good, what would you fellows think it may be worth? 






