What's new

Rare artwork of President Kennedy

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
2,334
Reaction score
405
Golden Thread
0
Location
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rare artwork portrait of President Kennedy by artist J.Heberto Ricoz from cuba.This artwork was given to President Kennedy a week before his death in 1963.It was shipped to the white house in a crate and never opened until after President Kennedy's death.It was then given to a state worker at the white house.The state worker is a brother of a friend of mine.It has been in storage since 1963.I am now the owner of the artwork.The portrait has a drawing of a missile and a drawing of cuba and hands shaking from the usa to cuba.Measurements are 48" X 68".All made of wood as a collage.

I have been trying to find this artist on the net.No results.What do you think this is worth?I want to sell it.
 

Attachments

  • 100_5620.webp
    100_5620.webp
    209.7 KB · Views: 354
  • 100_5625.webp
    100_5625.webp
    316.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 100_5624.webp
    100_5624.webp
    286.4 KB · Views: 329
  • 100_5622.webp
    100_5622.webp
    300 KB · Views: 324
  • 100_5621.webp
    100_5621.webp
    273.7 KB · Views: 323
  • 100_5623.webp
    100_5623.webp
    257.7 KB · Views: 334
It is a nice painting and a piece of history, probably done by a local artist which is why you can't find anything on him. Value I imagine is what ever the collectors are willing to pay, according to what ever documments you have proving its history and authenticity.....You could throw it up on EBay with a high reserve and see what is offered.

I see your in Lake Mary, do you ever go to Club 46 in Sanford?
 
I agree with TH.
The Missile and the Map of Cuba could signify the Cuban Missile Crisis or commemorate Kennedy's speech that man will walk the surface of the moon sometime in the 60s; both events (the Crisis and the speech) occured in 1962. The crescent (moon?)under the rocket might be stronger evidence that the artist was commemorating Kennedy's moon speech.
Documented provenance (paperwork to show the actual 'trail' of this painting) will enhance its value; heresay wont.
Don....
 
I believe gifts to a sitting US President are the property of the United States government. They cannot be given away. The exception being Richard Nixon's dog.
 
How about for dead presidents?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom