What's new

Rare confederate North Carolina button CLEANED! With pic

crabstang44

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
885
Reaction score
5,002
Golden Thread
2
Location
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok so I decided to try the naval jelly, tried it on other buttons first though, here's the results
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 263
Glad to see the cleaning advice paid off- banner vote in!

yes, thank you all for the advice, that last little bit of corrosion is stubborn, i decided to stop while i was ahead, im happy with it
 
That came out spectacular. Awesome job
 
That button is unreal! Cleaned up great!
 
Amazing button. I hope you used aluminum jelly and not navel jelly. Navel Jelly is way too strong and could ruin your extremely rare button. It looks like you got lucky if that is what you used. Whew!!!
 
Last edited:
Banner vote !
 
Really nice result. BANNER it is. For the record I have always used naval jelly with great results. I use it on the gilted buttons but I also used it to clean the War of 1812 pewters. Just have to be careful and attentive. But if you have something rare or valuable always err on the side of caution. That SCREWYNEWY is one smart cookie 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom