Rare Honus Wagner baseball card sold for record $7.25 million...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Collectibles marketplace Goldin announced on Thursday that a T-206 Honus Wagner has sold in a private sale for $7.25 million, a record amount for a sports card.

The figure eclipsed the $6.606 million fetched for another T-206 Wagner almost a year ago to the day.

The version of the Wagner that sold recently was graded a 2 out of 10 by Sportscard Guaranty Corp., or SGC; the 2021 record-breaker received a 3 from SGC.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually held one of these once... a dear friend who passed away many years ago handed it to me and said... "do you know what this is" ?

I did not at the time.

I have to wonder if this is THE same card... his son would have inherited it i assume.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had shoe boxes full of those cards as a kid. Luckily, my Mom threw them all out when I went away to school!
I had BOXES of these cards also. I remember having 3 Mickey Mantel cards. i remembered trading a mickey Mantel card for a Roge Marris card. I left them all at home when i got married.in 1965 My folks do not remember what happened to them . My mom and dad got divorced after i got married . So it is had to tell what happened to them

Last edited:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a pretty big collection in the early 70s and I gave them to my much younger nephews who pretty much used them as muffler sound makers by attaching them to their bike s with wooden clothespins.....anyone remember doing that......

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember using them as motors as well LOL

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is how the ultra wealthy boast and battle over who has the most these days. Simply a demonstration of how much they have. Who next will top that just to say, I now have an Honus Wagner baseball card and I've never even seen a baseball game.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We ll i have seen many baseball games. I even had a son drafted by the Chicago White Sox

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We ll i have seen many baseball games. I even had a son drafted by the Chicago White Sox
I wanted to mention after seeing that your son was drafted by the White Sox, my wife was a Soxette Girl for the White Sox. She would drive a special golf cart with a huge Sox baseball cap on top during the games between innings or to bring a new pitcher to the mound.

In June of 1972, Dan Blocker who played Hoss in "Bonanza" was going to ride with her in the annual LaGrange Pet Parade, but unfortunately, he passed away in May. They decided to have Victor Sen Jung who played Hop Sing in "Bonanza" take Dan's place. Back then the Sox uniforms were red. I don't know who the other gentlemen in the picture is.
KE & Hop Sing (2).jpg

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will look and see if i can find a picture of my son in a Sox uniform. He never made it to the majors . He was a pitcher though !!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SD are you in the posted picture ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a big album with all kinds of pictures. In my divorce it came up missing :( sorry could npot find it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions