rare marble

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
got this rare vitro tiger eye marble this weekend....ive only seen a handful of this type....
100_1970.JPG

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen one like that. What do you think it's worth?

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
im gonna put 80$ on it.....the highest vitro-- parrots go for 50$+ ill post a pic after supper...here ya go!!!
100_1977.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
and heres some vitro yellow jackets...the smaller marble is an alley or peltier..i haint concluded that yet....
100_1976.JPG

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a Bennington marble i think it is called and some unglazed clay looking marbles at one of my sites, also various others that look newer. Any link that you like to show values and how to tell the difference in marble types/ages?

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
google joes marbles....he does not value the marbles but he good for identifing marbles....i know its a bad resouse but for values ebay comes in handy...shows whats hot and tyhe high dollar marbles always hold thier value..if you learn the types you can google that....a good book is american machine made marbles by six johnson and metzler...

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol Wow i tried looking around that site for the marbles i found recently. I am lost in all of it, there are sooooo many pictures and types that most look the same to me. I will probably just post a picture of my recent marble finds on here sometime and see if you see anything that pops out. Loved the site though, plan on looking at it more.

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
i feel your pain cooper...in 1960 i put mickey mantles rookie card in my spokes to jinx em againts the pirates in the world series....it appeared to work...i also used a sling shot or ball bat to see how far theyd go....in the river you could see a neat little splash....lololol....

MackieWang

Aug 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually rare marble with gorgeous color and design are perfect decorations, sometimes some people make it as collectible items.

Last edited:

wheelerite

Feb 2, 2008
canby,oregon
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
it looks alley to me duffy I have one similar. What makes those other two vitros yelow jackets? is it just the yellow on the allreds?
ksmith

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
i cant say alley but its in the running...the base glass is the part not convincin me...ill find out....the yellow jackets are 3 color ...when vitro goes to shooter size the pattern gets a little skewed.....white does not count as a color as these are vaneered and the base glass is white...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread