What's new

Ratios of silver to coppers etc. at Colonial to mid-1800s site

Here are pics from a two sites I dug back in the 1990s. The ratios are pretty close on these two sites. Although I have dug 70 Spanish Silvers total, I only have 5 pre 1850 US Silvers. However, I have well over 100 US Large Cents and 24 half cents. The ratios you are looking for vary wildly depending on what part of the country you live in.
I have another tavern site where I found 18 Spanish and 2 early US silvers, plus a pile of coppers, but I don't have pictures. Plus lots of other smaller sites with coppers and silvers, but it would be too inconvenient to try and count them, not to mention the are 50 miles away from where I'm sitting.

Site 1 = 11 silvers 47 coppers
ProctorCopper.webp ProctorSilver.webp

Site 2 = 18 silvers 65 coppers
JX Copper.webp JXsilver.jpg.webp

Here they are in nice little piles :laughing7:
Coin Piles2.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom