What's new

Raw or Melted Metal

codywhite3914

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2011
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Bern NC
I dont know many tests but I do know its not magnetic, and I tried a test with heating up mustard and using matches to see if its silver. Both tests did not leave a black mark that wasn't easily removed with water. I guess I can assume its not silver. Could it be platinum? One can only wish. It is around 50mm* 47mm* 10mm . Not sure of its weight. Are there any tests to determine at home. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Raw metal 001.webp
    Raw metal 001.webp
    108 KB · Views: 13,256
  • Raw metal 002.webp
    Raw metal 002.webp
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,182
looks like campfire nuggets(melted aluminum cans) but I could be wrong.
 
Upvote 0
NaturalJWL said:
aluminum >? :dontknow:

melted beer cans >? :dontknow:

Spit on it, and rub it with aluminum foil. If it smells like sulfur its silver or has silver in it :icon_thumright: but most likely a melted can.
 
Upvote 0
I think you guys are right. I plan to try a few things today along with weighing it in and out of water, but I am almost convinced it is a melted can or two. It seems to be to heavy for one can.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom