Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
as the title reads Why did so many buy into the Multi frequency, it took me awhile but I jumped to multi frequency from single frequency but here is the issue even with my multi frequency detector I still find myself running it in single frequencies simply because single frequencies are much much more stable in most areas so remind me why did we all jump to Multi frequencies LOL

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buddy I fished with always caught some nice fish and swore by his St Croix rod. It was expensive but I bought one. I hated it and went back to my old Diawa and was happy. Bottom line is you gotta be on the fish or targets first. I saw a guy dig a CS buckle with a harbor freight or something detector while we were all swinging higher end gear.
People always want the newest and best especially when you see some guy in a great area digging great targets and think... "I need a detector like that!"

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Buddy I fished with always caught some nice fish and swore by his St Croix rod. It was expensive but I bought one. I hated it and went back to my old Diawa and was happy. Bottom line is you gotta be on the fish or targets first. I saw a guy dig a CS buckle with a harbor freight or something detector while we were all swinging higher end gear.
People always want the newest and best especially when you see some guy in a great area digging great targets and think... "I need a detector like that!"
yeah was just kind of venting while laughing at my self, since 2009 I used the Xterra 705, and because of the age of the 705 i convinced myself I needed to get a new detector, the 705 in a since was a multi frequency detector but it could only run in one of the three frequencies at a time, then I picked up a true multi frequency and find myself running it in single frequency 99% of the time, so I was just sitting here thinking about it and questioning myself as to why I purchased the Multi frequency detector when my old Xterra I can still take it out and still do the same thing I did when I was using it, just makes no since, its like the Nox first true multi frequency detector and Minelab's statement that it would obsolete all single frequency detectors, has it ??? no it has not because if it had they would have never put settings in to enable single frequency use same with the Legend but Nokta/Macro never made that stupid statement

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishing is usually good It is the BITING an d catching that is poor LOL I used to tell this to my fishing clients an d usually got a laugh from it

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My observations...
If a site has bad EMI, single freq is generally better, but sometimes just going to a tiny coil will lessen EMI.
If a site has hot mineralized ground or high salt, multi freq is generally better. (Provided no EMI)
The type of targets/trash at a site might make a concentric coil better than a DD. Many multi freqs can't run concentric coils.

Note the "generally". Everything is site specific when detecting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the benifits of multifeq detectors, you have multiple freqs to choose from when there is bad EMI, different freqs affected differently.

In Florida 99.9% of time I can run multifreq with no issues until I run into high power transmission lines or strong antennas nearby.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the benifits of multifeq detectors, you have multiple freqs to choose from when there is bad EMI, different freqs affected differently.

In Florida 99.9% of time I can run multifreq with no issues until I run into high power transmission lines or strong antennas nearby.
Found a spot in a park that had real bad rfi. Called the power company, and sure enough a cable had faulted. Glad I knew what was going on. Crispy crittered for clad...

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishing is usually good It is the BITING an d catching that is poor LOL I used to tell this to my fishing clients an d usually got a laugh from it.
Agree. I do like fishing, but like catching better. No matter if it's a cane pole or a high end super stick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread