Recent finds, 04/04/06 +

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,,,
Well, I sure can tell it's spring, I've been way too busy lately...
I did manage to get out a few times in the last week, or so, and find a few keepers...
The first item found yesterday was this "PUSH" button.
Push.jpg

It was found at a depth of about 8" down at the cache site. Not sure what it was used for, but it seems to be made of a chrome plated brass and is very heavy for it's size...

The next item found was a No-date buffalo nickel. It's in pretty bad shape, but I'll take it...
BuffNoDate.jpg

This 1909 ( No V.D.B. ) was found at a depth of only 5". It's not in too bad of condition for it's age...
Wheat1909.jpg

Also, got out last Friday and found my second IH for the year. It was the only keeper for that day. It's 1900 with a nice patina on it...
IH1900.jpg

I don't mind staying busy, but I've been too busy to stop and smell the roses here lately. I hope you all have had some luck, & Happy hunting~

P.S.> Almost forgot about the "States OF The Union" token. I found it yesterday also, after getting back out just before dark.
StatesMSD.jpg

It reads. "South Dakota" at the top, with a picture of Mount Rushmore in the center, and "States OF The Union" at the bottom. The other side has " Missouri" at the top, an outline of the state and the great arch of Saint Louis in the center, and "States Of The Union" at the bottom, also... It was found at a depth of only 4" down and was giving a very strong high-tone signal to the Cz...

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you push the button to see what would happen Leon? ;D

Those are some great finds! Love them Indians!

Nana ;)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice hunt Leon. The more time you have the better the chances. As long as your still accumulating your doding good.

HH Jeremy

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Leon....Its great seeing all the nice stuff once the weather starts to break.....Thanks for sharing.....!

Jerxs

Apr 10, 2004
NEPA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice digs.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Nice finds, Leon ;)
I love those IHs........hope to find mine THIS year ???
Well, that's good.....at least now you know what button to push :D
HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Leon and congrats on the old coins! I like the tokens! HH, Mike

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks all,,
It's good to just get out to hunt, but the older coins and the token made for a nice day...

Nana40 said:
Did you push the button to see what would happen Leon? ;D

Those are some great finds! Love them Indians!

Nana ;)
Nana, I have pushed, and pushed, and nothing seems to happen. I think all the time it has spent in the ground may have broken it... ;)

diamondjim said:
Looks like a nice old site! Or are these from different locations? Maybe some barbers lurking, just waiting for you?

Nice digs!
Thanks Jim,,, This site has already been very good to me. It gave up a cache of [8] silver coins last November. Most of the coin in the cache were Barbers... I have also found a few other halves, and many other older coins at this site. If you haven't see them yet, you might take a look.
http://www.geocities.com/leonsdetectingsite/Cache.html

bigrig40 said:
great looking finds leon! i have tomorrow off if you want to hook up.pm me.

peace,bigrig
Hey Bigrig,,, wish I would have gotten back to the post a little sooner, but it doesn't look like too good of a day for hunting around here... Hopefully your already out hunting, beating all the rain that's coming this way... I got a letter from the Down N Dirty Diggers yesterday. I hadn't planed on going, but davedigs is ready to go, so if I can come up with the extra cash, we may end up going to it again this year...

Hope you all have had some great luck,,, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread