recent ohio field finds and id question??

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
pickaway and i got out for a memorial day hunt,didnt produce much but some brokes and an interesting piece that i want to see what you guys/gals think.pick did find a nice flint ridge triangle.the needle tip point(which i havent id yet?) is a sweet piece that i found sunday evening.the piece in question i found with pickaway and we think its a notched flint axe maybe,but it is wierd how it is shaped like an arrowhead,just a massive one.i shot both sides of it,one side is stacked and the other side is flatter and has better chipping.maybe a large preform??let me know what you guys think.thx.
0524092001.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection396.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection399.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection400.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection401.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection402.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection403.jpg

Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Good day of hunting, the needle tipped point is a killer. I think you're right about the large notched piece, looks like an axe imo.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ummm big.Think you could haft it and chop something up with it? Nice big flaking on the one side. :thumbsup:

P

pickaway

Still mumbling bout that creek!!!
Hoe or ax be my guess is odd shaped for sure.Was a fun day indeed... :headbang:

OP
OP
creek astronaut

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
pickaway said:
Still mumbling bout that creek!!!
Hoe or ax be my guess is odd shaped for sure.Was a fun day indeed... :headbang:
always a good time when we get out hunting :headbang:yea what was the deal with that creek :icon_scratch:may have to go and start at the other end the next time we want to hunt that creek,heck we could probably start at the lake and walk,i think it feeds rite into b ocean.didnt get out today,had a honey do list :help:

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange axe, I don't think I have ever seen a flint axe quite like that, but what else would it be, very neat tool too say the least, can't wait to see pics from your hunt today, heard some great stuff was found adios :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread