What's new

recomend the f2 for a 10 year old on Long Island (lot of beach use)

pourafloor

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 6, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am leaning towards the f2 but am not sure how it will preform on sand. This is a birthday gift for my 10 year old son. Looking to spend around $300. If not the F2 what do you recommend that I go with? The DD coil or is the 8"& 4"coil good enough? Any help is appreciated.
 
Fresh water or saltwater beaches? My F2 does great on freshwater beaches but I'm not sure how well it would work on saltwater beaches. If fresh, the 8" coil will do great and the 4" would do fine also but you would lose a bit of depth compared to the 8".
 
Fresh water or saltwater beaches? My F2 does great on freshwater beaches but I'm not sure how well it would work on saltwater beaches. If fresh, the 8" coil will do great and the 4" would do fine also but you would lose a bit of depth compared to the 8".


it would be for saltwater beaches.
 
F2 will go nuts at saltwater beaches. Stay in the dry sand. or better buy a machine with ground balance.
 
thanks I think I'm going to go with the F2 just have to decide between DD or the 8"/4" combo.
 
thanks I think I'm going to go with the F2 just have to decide between DD or the 8"/4" combo.
I got every coil and the 11" dd never comes off! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom