What's new

Record Gas Prices Limiting your relic hunting range?

dognose

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
4,593
Reaction score
13,301
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Has the record gas prices at the pumps been limiting your relic hunting range?

For me the high prices at the pump is starting to.

I don't go to some very productive fields as often, which are further away than local fields.

Here is our area in Indiana, prices at the pump are now higher than Illinois, or Missouri. I just hit the Collinsville relic show last weekend. I was sort of expecting a drop in attendance at the show, but both Friday and Saturday were very busy. However in the past we did not gas up in Illinois due to being higher than us in Indiana. Now with the additional Indiana tax the publics paying on gas, we often gas up in Illinois and DEFINATLY in Missouri when there visiting the kids.

I do travel often to Indiana satellite states. The roads in Indiana, especially I70 are terrible. Good thing Braun want to make it a toll road now that its still in terrible condition.

1775135544837.webp
 
Upvote 0
Record prices? I remember $5 gas in 2022 didn't seem to slow anyone down. Nor do I remember posts about not heading to further away spots at that time. Welcome to the great state of Indiallois. Maybe you meant record ‘gas tax’ for Indiana. The state does after all need tax money for the new Bears stadium.
IMG_0151.webp
IMG_0151.webp
 
Last edited:
People really do have short memories.
 
That’s what the powers that be rely on, most people have the memory of a goldfish and that’s capitalized upon.
 
screw that short memory. I will remember
 
Not to bad here in Tennessee.
 
Welcome to Washington.....


647801377_.webp
 
We are $4.09 to $4.49 here in Northern Illinois but I don't let it bother my hobbies. I usually don't have to travel 10 miles in any direction to hit a field. I live in a small town so it's like God's country (mostly farms) .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom