What's new

Record Player

CamoQueen

Full Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2008
Messages
167
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cochise County, Arizona
Ok, i got this not too long ago. It is a victor victrola portable record player. The thing is that i cant find a model number on it and dont want to take it apart. It seems to be from the 30's or so but would like to know the actual date of making. Here is a few photos, if anyone can find a photo or something of the same one it would be helpful.... Thanks!!!
 

Attachments

  • 0529090756.webp
    0529090756.webp
    86.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 0529090755.webp
    0529090755.webp
    69.4 KB · Views: 291
  • 0529090738a.webp
    0529090738a.webp
    79.7 KB · Views: 300
Does it have the round insert for 45rpm records?If it does,then it's from early '50's,otherwise '40's,or does it have a dial selector for 78rpm or 45rpm?Same time frame applies.
 
Upvote 0
how deep was it?
 
Upvote 0
I'm believe it could be slightly earlier (1920's). There is usually a data tag underneath the turntable. Let us know if you if you find something there, or feel free to curse me for wasting your time if you don't. :D
-Ben
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
NHbenz said:
I'm believe it could be slightly earlier (1920's). There is usually a data tag underneath the turntable. Let us know if you if you find something there, or feel free to curse me for wasting your time if you don't. :D
-Ben

Ok I will look when I get home. Your not wasting my time. lol.
 
Upvote 0
CamoQueen said:
CRUSADER said:
how deep was it?


It wasn't dug. Just got it from my grandmother who got it from a friend. I never turn down an antique!! :)
I think CRUSADER wanted the measurements. But you never know about the people from the other side. Besides they are known for have a funny sense of humor. La Beep
 
Upvote 0
La Beep said:
CamoQueen said:
CRUSADER said:
how deep was it?


It wasn't dug. Just got it from my grandmother who got it from a friend. I never turn down an antique!! :)
I think CRUSADER wanted the measurements. But you never know about the people from the other side. Besides they are known for have a funny sense of humor. La Beep

or not so funny :D
 
Upvote 0
It looks like it's about the same age as this one I have . Mines a Brunswick , It plays good too , I have several hundred old 78's . It's fun listening to them . I have a box full of needles , that you have to change quite often . I'm thinking 1920's era .
We found this one in our barn .
 

Attachments

  • Picture 063.webp
    Picture 063.webp
    44 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture 064.webp
    Picture 064.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 225
  • Picture 065.webp
    Picture 065.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
wow
call me stupid -
never knew they had a portable version
Very cool
Brady
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom