Recs for a carry pouch

levis_dad

Jun 3, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Detector(s) used
BH Landstar
Go to your nearest Army Surplus store. Yhey uaually have good sized canvas bags that you can put on a belt or over your shoulder. I have one that I put over my shoulder. I will hold more than enough batteries and also alot of loot. There are also bags with different compartments.

HH

Scott

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Next time you go to Lowe's hardware,look at the cloth nail aprons.Not big enough? They,and other hareware stores carry all sorts and sizes of pouches,I suggest the single pouch.I have one of the canvas pouches,plenty big enough for pin pointer,one pocket for "keepers',another for trash,and they are light weight.
Even better when they decide to discontinue them.I got a $18.00 pouch for $6.00

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I am just the opposite....I travel as light as I can....shorts t-shirt...socks/shoes of course ;D Lesche in one hand detector in other...pinpointer in pouch.. I have two sets of rechargables I always have a fresh one in detector. I need to travel as light as possible and unless i am being affected by the heat I do not let my knees touch the ground....quick recovery and move on...

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
levisdad said:
Go to your nearest Army Surplus store. Yhey uaually have good sized canvas bags that you can put on a belt or over your shoulder. I have one that I put over my shoulder. I will hold more than enough batteries and also alot of loot. There are also bags with different compartments.

HH

Scott
There it is.... everything you need... belts, pouches, survial gear and tough too.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
A carpenters belt works great. You have pouches for all the things you carry and find. There is also a loop on the side which is great for a geology pick or digging tool.

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
since i MD in the city, i prefer to keep low key and not look like mickey mouse with big earphones and a big "steal me" bag on my hip!

i prefer old navy brand cargo shorts. most of them have two generous pockets in the back, two up front, and either two or three additional small pockets upfront. i carry my cellphone, probe, wallet, finds, and extra v batts all in the shorts. no "steal my stuff" bag hanging on me anywhere. detector in one hand, digging tool in the other.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the bag whites puts out, huge room (have only filled it full with trash twice) and has enough pockets to keep everything in (of course, i carry my shovel, trowel, and pinpionter in my left hand)

HH
-GC

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
My old man uses a fishing vest. period.

I'm the mule :) :)
I carry a 5 gal plastic bucket slung over my left elbow like a purse :) lol
water, batteries, garden trowel, 'skettti strainer, M+Ms and raisins :) plastic bags, trash, and whatever; varies ...AND it's me seat if i need it :) travel lite....does not compute...makes Ralph crazy ::)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
When you carry the machines I do, you need a little help and, If it's.... tackle nature day.
I have to have everything in reach.I've had people run up to me at beaches request a search for lost rings or other stuff, sometimes I walk away from a beach with a lot more than I started.So here..... I am, at your service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread