REDs PATRIOTIC BUNKER

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
State of Emergency,

What are they going to do when something BIG happens?
It's possible I'm exaggerating about that part. I do that sometimes... But.. schools are cancelled because the small towns don't have plows and these windy back roads in the mountains can be treacherous with no guard rails. People were also hitting the stores pretty hard yesterday in anticipation. Maybe it's from living my whole life in the North East but I already have enough stuff to get me by for a couple weeks in stock at all times. 5 years ago we had an ice storm that knocked out power for 14 days with temps well below freezing. We saw it as an indoor camping trip.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It's possible I'm exaggerating about that part. I do that sometimes... But.. schools are cancelled because the small towns don't have plows and these windy back roads in the mountains can be treacherous with no guard rails. People were also hitting the stores pretty hard yesterday in anticipation. Maybe it's from living my whole life in the North East but I already have enough stuff to get me by for a couple weeks in stock at all times. 5 years ago we had an ice storm that knocked out power for 14 days with temps well below freezing. We saw it as an indoor camping trip.
I know firsthand of them Mountain roads dude,look off at a 100 foot drop on a curve,you get used to it though.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
State of Emergency here in East Tennessee. Schools are closed. Store shelves are empty. And I'm stuck here at home until I find my broom....

Same here in Middle Tennessee Bandit.... it's HORRIBLE. I got up this morning and the water on top of my pool cover was actually ICED OVER!!!! My Granddaughter asked if she could ice skate. I said no "I don't want to end up on Red's "STUPID PEOPLE" thread". And Bandit.... looks like you got 10 times the snow we did here. And Red please post a picture of the snowman when complete as Bandit and I haven't seen one all winter yet. Be safe shoveling Red and all you folks up North... don't over do it and take your time.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Woke up this morning, looked out at a heavy damp (read that dam wet) fog, and noticed the verdant green lawn needs mowing, and it's too wet to get on it. Bummer. I've shoveled snow. Lived ONE winter at Lake Tahoe, in the shadow of Echo Summit. The storms hang up on the summit of the mountains, and we would get 5 feet of snow over night. Same thing happened to the Donnor Party in 1846 up at the north end of the lake. The snow was so deep I couldn't shovel the driveway because I couldn't throw it high enough, Just had a little pocket by the road to park in. Had to shovel the roof several times that winter, couldn't see out the front window on the fourth of July, back yard wasn't so bad, about 4 foot on the level on the fourth, but it had drifted on the front side. One time shoveling the roof, I actually had to throw snow up off the front side of the house. And just a few miles away, on the east side of the lake, nothing, not enough snow to talk about. Some people go to college and learn everything out of books, some learn things the hard way. Seems I learned the hard way most of my life.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I slept late,I knew I wasnt going any place fast,coffees almost done,time to get the shovel.:whip2:Have about 10 inches more since yesterday.at least its powder and not the heavy crap.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lake Tahoe is sure pretty to visit though, been camping there and at Crater Lake as well.

Been to Yosemite several times camping years back. Drove through Yosemite one year the 1st day they opened highway 120 through the passes over the Sierra Nevada mountains into Nevada after a bad winter, drifts were 30 feet high along the road..... Was only about 2 feet of telephone and electrical poles sticking up above the snow banks on sides of road.

Really beautiful country as is Sequoia and Kings Canon N. P. ......:thumbup:

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
A Northern Boy like you a walk in the park dude!!

You ain't no dummy.:laughing7:

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My in-laws in Madison, WI sent me this picture...

50-degrees-san-diego-wisconsin.jpg

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The one and only time I went to florida it was in February.I was in Jacksonville.It was about 50 - 55 degrees.I had a tee shirt on,the residents had coats and hats on:laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The one and only time I went to florida it was in February.I was in Jacksonville.It was about 50 - 55 degrees.I had a tee shirt on,the residents had coats and hats on:laughing7:

Red when I moved from MI. to TN. to start at the Saturn plant many folks from all over the country were arriving also. One day in Feb. it was about 25-30 degrees outside with no wind. I'm walking into plant in a tee shirt, Levi's, and tennis shoes. The guy next to me has stocking hat, gloves, snowmobile suit and matching boots and scarf. He asks where I'm from and I say MI. and I say "how about you partner" and he says southern CA. Amazing the meaning of cold gets based on where your from.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually went to work right after the storm ended this am. There's this 1/8th mile hill I have to get up to get out of my valley. The Impala was the little engine that finally made it (a miracle), but that anti skid technology just stinks when a "flying leap" will do and what is wanted.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got back,had to go in for a few minutes to pull some food from the freezers.Unreal the idiots on the road thats still covered in snow.I got tailgated almost all the way there by an idiot that wanted to go as fast as dry pavement speed.I kept hitting my brakes enough for the brake lights to come on hoping the dumb biotch would spin out and teach her a lesson.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful with those dumb people! They could eventually get on the other thread and get eaten by a lion!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Careful with those dumb people! They could eventually get on the other thread and get eaten by a lion!

They would be better off:laughing7:No car no work for me.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My in-laws in Madison, WI sent me this picture...

View attachment 924206

So true, here in southwest Oregon, we have just about the coldest 40 degree weather I've ever been in. In Nevada I'd bust ice for the cows to get a drink,
wearing a goose down vest and cowboy hat in single digit weather, in damp/wet Oregon 40 degrees sinks into the bone through heavy a heavy Carhart jacket.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true, here in southwest Oregon, we have just about the coldest 40 degree weather I've ever been in. In Nevada I'd bust ice for the cows to get a drink,
wearing a goose down vest and cowboy hat in single digit weather, in damp/wet Oregon 40 degrees sinks into the bone through heavy a heavy Carhart jacket.

I did exactly that, and way into the negative #s. But I was a lot younger, and The cold didn't matter then.. I may have not been smart enough to feel it?

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
But I was a lot younger, and The cold didn't matter then.. I may have not been smart enough to feel it?

That was your"I'm invincible" stage in life Dave.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lake Tahoe is sure pretty to visit though, been camping there and at Crater Lake as well.

Been to Yosemite several times camping years back. Drove through Yosemite one year the 1st day they opened highway 120 through the passes over the Sierra Nevada mountains into Nevada after a bad winter, drifts were 30 feet high along the road..... Was only about 2 feet of telephone and electrical poles sticking up above the snow banks on sides of road.

back in 75 2 friends and I went out west on a backpacking trip.

Really beautiful country as is Sequoia and Kings Canon N. P. ......:thumbup:

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

back in 75 2 friends and I went out west on a backpacking trip. Slept on top of halfdome, That was cool. I did love sequoia as well.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Trees. There are quite a few in Hawaii now, Amazing forest.( not old enough to be the giants but getting bigger!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread